Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!  

This week is yet ANOTHER holiday related topic which is Holiday Gift Guide Freebie. I don't do these holidays, I don't have anyone to buy for, I don't exchange gifts and I don't feel like trying to come up with a list of things I'd buy other people who don't exist.

So here is my list of things I'd love but will never ever get!

1) TIME TURNER  (Harry Potter)
Wouldn't you love this JK Rowling invention where you can turn back time to go and re-do hours of your life? Hermione used it to do double the amount of school lessons as her friends but I'd use it just to tackle my tbr! I could double the amount of reading I did if I could redo hours every day!

2) TALKING DOG (Iron Druid series)
Wouldn't you love a dog you can mentally communicate with like Oberon in Kevin Hearne's books? Oberon loves films and can quote characters, loves stories of death and glory at bathtime, enjoys the pursuit of sausage and poodles, protects you from vampires and keeps you entertained with his funny dialogue in situations where it is not appropriate to laugh! 

3) DIRE WOLF (Game of Thrones)
Now who doesn't think that dire wolf puppies in series one were totally gorgeous? Who doesn't want Ghost at your side when some mugger or rapist is idiot enough to tackle you or break into your home? It would be like having home security and a big furry pile of cuteness to cuddle up beside on a winter night! I could feed the neighbours cats to it...

4) SEASON TICKET TO JURASSIC WORLD 
Can you imagine actually visiting that park in it's full working glory? It looked so amazing in the film before the dinosaurs escaped and starting chewing the guests. Just think how many photos I'd have taken at a place like that? 

5) HOUSE IN RIVENDELL (LOTR)
When Frodo first walks onto the balcony to see the scenic views and waterfalls of Rivendell in the film it made me want to move there. It is so quiet and peaceful with lots of soothing water, no crime, nobody blocking your driveway, and no noisy neighbours to disturb your sleep! I'd need to check that Amazon deliver there though...

6) THE ABILITY TO TELEPORT
Whether it is Harry Potter, Iron Druid or Star Trek style, wouldn't you love to avoid the hunt for parking spaces, traffic jams and diversions on roads etc to just get there and back in the blink of an eye? It would give me more time to read and watch TV! 

7) CLOSET MONSTER (Monster Haven series)
In RL Naquin's Monster Haven books, Maurice the Closet Monster is what every house needs. He loves to clean and tidy and can do this at super speed-no more unpacking the shopping and cleaning the bathroom! Not only is Maurice a brilliant cook but when he gets anxious he loves to bake! 

8) LINDOR CHOCOLATE TREE
Lindt/Lindor is my favourite ever chocolate so can you just imagine having a tree in the garden where you just go and help yourself to a bar or a box when required? YUM! Being a magic tree of course, it never ever stops producing the chocolate!

9) THE ULTIMATE CALL BLOCKER 
It is simple to set up (just plug in) and it had never ending storage. It works by reading the mind of the caller as they dial so you know who they are and what they want, it relays this info to you...before the phone even rings! Then only when you want the call will it ring and you can safely pick up on the first ring! No more ringing phones except the calls you know you want to answer! No more scam callers or marketing morons! 

10) THE ULTIMATE TV CHANNEL 
The ultimate reality TV show where criminals take part in things like The Running Man and The Hunger Games for our entertainment! Serial killers, rapists, terrorists and paedophiles would be running through dinosaur zones like the Rick Jones book 'The Valley', on Survivor island with traps and monsters, Celebrity Death Island...I'm already making a list! It would stop the prison overcrowding...

20 comments:

  1. Great list Chuckles. It's nice to wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a Jurassic Park ticket. I'd happily take the chance on being eaten by a T-Rex. :D

    My TTT this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To see all those dinosaurs for real as long as they are not chasing you, would be so great!

      Delete
  3. This is an excellent list! I agree with a whole bunch of these... even if I'm a little too squeamish for #10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, who doesn't like a nice twisted game show!

      Delete
  4. Great list! I wouldn't want the time turner as it would just annoy me thinking about the impossibilities of time travel. But a talking dog or dire wolf would be really cool! And yes Jurassic world looked great before things went wrong. I wouldn't mind visiting that, a bit like going to the zoo, but then different.
    And the ultimate call blocker, I would want that so badly. I hate talking on the phone and even worse when it's someone I don't want to talk to. Would be nice to know that beforehand. And teleportation sure would come in handy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jurassic World would be the ultimate zoo! Knowing my luck I'd be visiting when things went wrong! I avoid using the phone wherever possible as it makes me anxious and the constant cold callers daily drive me crazy!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I would love to visit Jurassic World someday too!


    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe future generations will get the chance for something like that. Gah, makes me want to be a vampire so I can live forever to see it!

      Delete
  6. Yes to Time Turner and season ticket to Jurassic park! That would be quite the adventure :) And then you could move into Rivendall for some peace and quiet :) Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bit of a wild imagination I admit...but I do need the time turner right now to give me more reading hours in the day!

      Delete
  7. I would do anything for a time turner! My priorities for its use would be - more reading, more sleep, lol!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could get those pesky chores done and then re-do those hours with reading or something fun!

      Delete
  8. Yes! I love what you did with this topic. :)

    Oberon gets some of the best lines! :D

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no animal sidekick better than Oberon! He is just so funny. I really need to read the short story from his POV but I need it to come down in price first!

      Delete
  9. A talking dog would be awesome, I haven't read that Hearne series but your comments about the dog make me kinda want to! A dire wolf *nods* and Jurassic Park? Yes!!! I would LOVE to go there (hopefully not when they have a,um, security breach). And I'd be happy to live in Rivendell! So peaceful and relaxing.

    Teleportation too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished an Iron Druid catch up and as well as Oberon there are other characters you can get a laugh at-The Irish pensioner who hates the British, a Druid who talks like Father Jack from Father Ted, a vampire who struggles with pop culture...a lot of humour!

      I think most of us online would love to go Jurassic!

      Delete
  10. Oh man, a time turner would be SO HELPFUL. And don't even get me started on teleportation. I have always wanted the ability to teleport for like as long as I can remember lol. And I love your TV channel idea lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of the hours of fun and justice served out on my tv channel *sniggers* A time turner would be the greatest thing ever for me to deal with my tbr and read more!

      Delete