Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Snow!


Well it has been cold the last two nights which led to me hiding under the covers watching season seven of The Great British Bake Off to stay warm! No reading for two days as it was too cold in my room to venture my arms out from the warmth to grab a book!

And last night it started to snow! Glad I did the weekly shopping yesterday morning and bought in a few extras like home made soup kits which I made this morning to heat us up! The central belt of Scotland doesn't get a lot of snow especially at the start of November so it could be the sign of a cold winter to come...At the moment I'm sitting at the computer with potato and leek soup and Jurassic World on in the background.  

I guess I'm a fan of the snow when I don't need to go out in it! I love the way it looks lit up my street lights at night, the crunch of it underfoot as you shiver your way to the bin with your rubbish and the way it makes everything look clean and bright. I hated cold winter days going to work in the dark but now I'm grateful that I don't have to and have a nice warm house and food to eat. Why not donate a few bags of extra food to your local food bank, take a few bags of clothes, books and so on to charity shops to help them fundraise and support local charities who provide for those less fortunate than we are at this time of year.

On a lighter note, Kermit seems to be having fun...



 

8 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I like snow if I can stay put. Everything always looks so fresh and clean. However, as I get older, I hate the cold weather more and more. I don't know how as a kid we could play out in it forever and never get cold! Not so true now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved snow as a kid...out with my sledge, building an igloo or strange snow sculptures....we used to get it regular then and you could never drag me indoors! I definitely feel the cold more in these old bones...

      Delete
  2. I like snow but I hate having to drive 22 miles to work in it! I'd much rather be sat with tea inside watching it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh that sounds like a nightmare! That's when you really need a duvet day...

      Delete
  3. I remember it being so cold that my wet hair would freeze when walking out to check the post box. We don't get snow where I live now. I always liked the sound my footsteps made crunching the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember it ever getting THAT cold here and I'm glad! Some of the blizzards you see in the US news reports are horrific yet the UK comes to a grinding halt with 2 inches of snow...crazy!

      Delete
  4. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss snow! Especially during Christmas. I moved from Germany to Australia 3 years ago and Summer-Christmas is just weird. I will probably never get used to it. I agree, though. It's much nicer when you don't have to go out but watch the snowflakes fall from inside. With a Hot Chocolate and a good book :)

    I also like watching 'The Great British Bake Off' or the Aussie version of it- It's one of the least annoying cooking shows ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh an Aussie bake off? I must look for that on YouTube or something. I watch every version of Masterchef and the Australian version is my favourite. I love the judges! I agree that summer weather at Christmas would feel weird for us Europeans! Yes to hot chocolate and a good book!

      Delete