Saturday, 26 November 2016

Stacking the Shelves #157


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
    
Can you believe it's the end of November? I'm now getting ready to publish my November review and December preview and I don't know where the time is going! I've had a good week again for reading and TV so overall it's been a good month. I hope for a strong winter! It has been dang cold this week so I'm in my leopard print onesie in front of a warm fire but that is a sight that nobody should ever be subjected to! *giggles* The Black Friday sales have been a bit disappointing this year with none of the box sets I'm looking for being reduced which is quite annoying. I consoled myself with a few Game of Thrones related things which I'll show later in my post so that cheered me up!
 
Now, I did pick up a few ebook bargains this week including the Mira Gibson books FREE...yes all three were free so there was no good reason not to grab them on the spot. I read the first Gail Z Martin book and liked the story but was unsure how much I liked it-but decided to grab book 2 anyway and see what it was like. Cold Hollow sounded intriguing and was free so I grabbed it as well. Barb of course bullied me into buying the illustrated Game of Thrones edition so I take no responsibility for that purchase! I am looking forward to watching series 6 of Game of Thrones next month as I need to get a few more books read before November ends.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
HARDBACKS:
 
 

 

So I grabbed a few other GoT related stuff including T shirts, mugs and The Three Eyed Raven! How cool is he!
 
 

That will be me all set for the excitement of viewing series 6 next week. No spoilers for the season please!
 

40 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week, Chuckles! I'm kind of freaked out at the way time moves forward lately! We're almost at the very end of the year.
    Great haul this week, too! Are you doing the COYER challenge?
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm not doing COYER I'm afraid. I like the idea but it won't work for me in the UK. One dollar is 80p in the UK at current exchange rates and the cheapest books for sale on Amazon UK are 99p/£1 so I could only count the free books I've found online. Yes I've picked up some but not anywhere near enough to cover the entire challenge period and it would take too long to look up every book to see which were free when I bought them! I'm also not on Facebook or Instagram to join in the chat and stuff. There wouldn't be any point joining and only being able to take a very limited part in it. Sorry!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I like your declaration about wanting to comment back but not wanting to share information! That has become my pet peeve as well! Good luck with that! Enjoy your haul. I too, cannot believe November is nearly over!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blogs that just let you leave a nice comment without trying to get you to open an account with them (google+) or access your social media accounts (DISQUS) I've had to unfollow great blogs because they switched to one of these which is such a shame! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to read that Gail Z. Martin series! Looks fun. Hope you enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find her storytelling good-a little slow and repetitive at times but enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe how fast this year went! I feel like I never have enough time to read everything I want to. I love your raven, very cool! Stay warm:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely never have enough time for reading! I need to read about 400 books a year to catch up instead of the 250 I seem to manage! And of course I keep buying which doesn't help!

      Delete
  5. Those shirts look amazing! And I love all the GOT stuff. Enjoy reading this week.

    My Stacking The Shelves post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going through a bit of a Game of Thrones obsession at the moment! Tonight I venture into Celtic and Norse mythology with Kevin Hearne! I do like a talking dog in my books! Thanks very much for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The Three Eyed Raven statue looks interesting. GOT stuff is great. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crows and ravens so I couldn't resist putting him on my shelf! A few of the books are a departure from my usual reads but I'll give them a try...

      Delete
  7. WOW, those Game of Thrones covers are amazing! The T-shirts look fun as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually buy hardbacks but for Game of Thrones companion guides and illustrated versions I must make an exception! My dad is getting right into the series but he's just starting series 2. I'm saving series 6 for next month to finish a bit of reading for my November goals!

      Delete
  8. Wow, that is a book haul.
    (Sorry about the Discus thing lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Sorry I can't return the favour but I won't give my details to third parties like DISQUS to use!

      Delete
  9. That's a lot of awesome stuff you got! I've been trying to read the Game of Thrones series for awhile now. I really need to get my copy!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I catch up with the series on TV (just series 6 to watch!) I plan to get started on the books which I just bought recently. I hope they are good reads!

      Delete
  10. I don't think I had to bully you too hard but it really is a gorgeous book. That raven is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* I always like to blame others for my own weakness! The illustrations are gorgeous but I'm already worried about what happens if they release the whole series like that! I'm already lacking space in my house!

      Delete
  11. Those Game of Thrones books look awesome! And I've never read Gail Z Martin but I was looking at one of her books in the bookstore and almost pulled the trigger... one of these days I should try her books.

    I was at Barnes & Noble today looking for gifts and all I could find was stuff I wanted lol. And carrion safari- that looks like a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deadly Curiosities was a decent read but I think I just wanted a bit more from it. I did give it a decent review and I'm keen to see what develops in book two. Heh, I can never resist a book about mad dinosaurs!

      Delete
  12. I'm a big fan of Gail Z Martin, and I loved Deadly Curiosities but haven't read the sequel Vendetta yet! You'll have to let me know how it is!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My worry is when I'm going to actually read it! I have a physical tbr in my home of over 900 books and it's overwhelming me a bit right now!

      Delete
  13. An interesting selection of books this week, as always Chuckles! I hope you enjoy them when you FINALLY get around to them. I know the feeling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm great at buying them...just wish I could read quicker! I need to start getting some reading in each morning as well as reading at night to get this neverending pile dealt with!

      Delete
  14. I'm totally shocked that it's nearly December. Where did 2016 GO?!?! An equally great book haul and non-book haul. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is usually a good time for me to get tons of reading done which is why I look forward to winter. Much more productive! I just wish time wasn't zooming by so much...

      Delete
  15. Enjoy your books, and have a great week!
    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some good reading planned this week!

      Delete
  16. Where has November went? Time is really flying by. The Game of Thrones books look great. I was a bit disappointed by the Black Friday sales but I did find a few things to buy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the books were flying off the tbr to the read shelf as quickly as the months are flying by! Yeah I found the sales quite disappointing-nothing I wanted seemed to be on sale which was a bummer!

      Delete
  17. I like the Game Of Thrones tee shirts! Hurray for finding free books on Amazon!!! I love it when that happens. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me loves finding free books but it doesn't help the tbr! Not that it bothers me when I'm book grabbing!

      Delete
  18. I'm glad you've had a good week and a good month :-) Your leopard print onesie sounds awesome, haha. I also grabbed some freebie books that went on sale for Black Friday. That's the only shopping I did :-P I've been wanting to read the Gail Z. Martin book for a while but don't have it :-/ Are you going to review it? (Or have you already?) I'd be curious to see what you thought and if you think it gets better with the next book.

    I just got totally distracted by the tiger that kept pawing at the side of his box and begging me for attention lol. I fed him a steak. We're best friends now :-P Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reviewed Deadly Curiosities on the blog in March 2016(I just checked to make sure!) so you can click on March in the blog archive and that will show you all my March posts and let you go to and read the review. I liked the book but did have a few issues with it so I wasn't sure whether or not to read on in the series but I decided to give this one a go at some point!

      Ah my lovely pets! I do enjoy feeding these guys. Raj will be looking forward to your visits if you're spoiling him!

      Delete
  19. Nice haul you got there. Happy reading and thanks for your open words :-)

    Best wishes
    Vi @ Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, I must check out those Game of Thrones books! So cool.
    btw: got your guest post for December Zombies -thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got the email safely-thanks for letting me know!

      Delete