Saturday, 19 November 2016

Stacking the Shelves #156


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
   
We are marching through November at pace. My reading has slithered to a crawl due to my decision to binge watch Game of Thrones! The plan was to watch series 2 this month but I went straight from that onto series 3 and 4 and tonight I start series 5. Should be finished with the whole thing so far by the middle of next week at the latest. I was worried that it might be overhyped but I am totally addicted to it and loving it. What am I going to do after I catch up??? When is the next series coming out??? GAH! And WHY are my favourites dropping like flies as we move on? *sniffles* I have read a couple of ebooks over the last two days but time might be tight to finish my planned reading by the end of the month. We'll see how I get on though and then I'll plan December.
 
On the book buying side of things, well what can you say, it's the autumn sales! I have picked up a few zombie books and some Game of Thrones stuff for me and my dad. I don't think any of it was in the sales which are a bit disappointing so far but I'll keep browsing!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. I'm so bad at binge-watching anything! I get a day into it and then go "but... but my precious books!" Then I get distracted by reading and never finish the series. *cough*

    Glad you're enjoying GoT though! I need to read the books sometime soon, I think. My sister's a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so much want to read the books now...and if I can get in a couple more binge watch days I can clear my head and get back to reading!

      Delete
  2. I haven't started watching GoT, I get pretty obsessive, so I know I have to keep away :)
    Your new E.S. Moore books look awesome!
    have a wonderful weekend and happy reading xoxo
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked season one but by the time I started season two I admit I became obsessed with it! I don't know what I'll watch when it's over!

      Delete
  3. I've never really been intrigued by Game of Thrones. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasy is not really my genre but for me it is like The Tudors with a bit of fantasy thrown in. It is very much about the characters and politics of power which I just love!I'm over halfway through season 5 and season 6 is on order from Amazon! It'll be nice to be up to date on something!

      Delete
  4. I've been doing more TV watching lately too - just binge watched my way through season 2 of The Librarians in anticipation of season 3 starting tomorrow.

    Those Omega Days books look pretty cool. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking out The Librarians at some point hopefully. I actually grabbed the Omega Days set without having read any of them so I hope they turn out to be good. But hey, zombies!

      Delete
  5. I love the looks of the E.S. Moore books. Can't wait to hear your thought on them. I think the next season of GoT comes on TV in May. It always seems like such a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book but wasn't sure whether to get the others...then it seemed silly not to. You know me and my impulse buys... MAY??? I can't wait until MAY! It's inhumane!!!

      Delete
  6. Hey, Chuckles--as always, GREAT haul this week! Those paperbacks look super intriguing, I might have to look them up!

    I don't currently have cable, so I am not being distracted in that way....but I do have Netflix, and New Girl's been REALLY calling my name lately. So...I feel yah! XD

    I hope you enjoy your newest bookish acquisitions! And happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to buy anything so I can attack the tbr pile over the winter but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Hmmm, lacks restraint she does, as Yoda would say...Game of Thrones is on a pay per view channel so I don't see it either (lucky I grabbed all the dvd box sets in last years Black Friday sales!) My friend has that channel so I'm hoping she lets me watch season 7 when it airs!

      Delete
  7. GOT seems a little too violent for me so I haven't given it a go yet...though with everyone saying it is as good as the hype would suggest , I am questioning myself. The covers for those Campbell books are great...I'm checking them out on Goodreads! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is brutal in places but I'm a horror fan so that was never going to bother me much! A lot of sexual content and the language is quite foul at times. I haven't read any of the Campbell books yet so I'm hoping for a good zombie series!

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear you're enjoying Game of Thrones so much, I've never watched or read the series, but I know a lot of people are big fans of it. Nice haul! I like how those covers of the omega days series match so nicely in style. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Omega books continue to have matching covers...I hate it when publishers change cover design part of the way through a series. Yes I'm loving Game of Thrones-so many plot twists and a total mix of characters.

      Delete
  9. Nice, more ES moore novels there! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I better grab the series in case they become unavailable at some point!

      Delete
  10. You've changed your book blog name! I was a little confused at first, but realized it was the Chuckles I knew when I saw your love of Zombies was in your Bio. I hope things are going well for you, friend. Your books this week look like a lot of fun. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time, nice to hear from you again! No, I haven't changed my blog name or my blog format, it's always been Chuckles Book Cave since 2013 when I set it up. I'm doing fine-lots of blog visits and posts, lots of reading and lots of TV to enjoy!

      Delete
  11. I have refused to watch GoT for the very reason you mentioned as I don't like watching shows where my favorites are killed. :) I am glad you are enjoying it though. You got some interesting books which I have not heard of so I hope you enjoy them!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I just finished GoT series 5 and it was pretty shocking in places...am I going to survive emotionally to the end of the show? Not sure!

      Delete