Saturday, 12 November 2016

Stacking the Shelves #155


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
Good morning! Welcome to another STS at the Book Cave. It's been another good week for me, getting some good blogging done, making more time for visiting friends blogs and commenting a bit more, getting quality reading done and a bit of TV. Looking at my November goals, I'm doing pretty well and there will be an update post on Monday for my mid month situation. I now think I will meet my target of books read and stuff watched this month so I'm happy! *happy dance* I also found time to treat myself to a few downloads and books, as you do! I don't read cozy mysteries but I loved the covers for the two Ann Charles series and thought I'd give them a try. Really do love the covers! On the paperback side of things, the first three books are all book six in the series so I'm happy to get the next installments!
 
Winter is coming so I have got all my winter food shopping done so I don't need to venture out in the run up to Christmas! I hate all that...the crowds who are buying as if the shops are shut for two weeks and the same Christmas songs playing all day every day in every shop! Bah HUMBUG! You can keep it! We used to have a big thing at Christmas with present exchanges and lots of food but now that it's just my dad and I, we don't bother at all so it's just getting the food into the freezer ahead of time so if bad weather comes we don't need to struggle out in it and battle the psycho shoppers. As for the sales, well that's why Amazon was invented. And speaking of sales, Black Friday is about to start early...yea! 
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
WON!
 
Thank you very much to Nikki at Bibliophibian Inc http://breathesbooks.com/  for choosing me to win a book! And here is that bad boy!
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a good haul! Hope you enjoy, especially The King's Damsel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Certainly looks good, thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the ES Moore series but it's too bad that we don't have more. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first one and liked it so hopefully I'll like the rest of the series!

      Delete
  3. I hear you on the xmas psycho shoppers, although avoiding them does help save money. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no patience for idiot shoppers, I swear! I have cheesecakes, mudpies, fudge cake and pavlova safely in the freezer with two turkey and stuffing joints! Just need my bread sauce and I'm all set!

      Delete
  4. I hate idiot shoppers because they are not considerate to everybody else. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased they invented online shopping! Now I just need to convince Aldi to do home delivery and I'll be very happy! I think I might have to do a post on idiot shoppers!

      Delete
  5. Got a chuckle out of the Dance of the Winnebagos cover.
    side note: would you be interested in doing a guest post of your top 3 or 5 recommended zombie prepper books for my upcoming December Zombies event? If so, let me know at vvb32@ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'd love to! I've never done a guest post on another blog so that's exciting! I'll email you today for a chat!

      Delete
  6. You have the right idea with holiday shopping. After Thanksgiving, when I have to shop, I get up and do it at 5am until after the new year - less idiots to deal with. You got some nice looking books this week, especially interested in the E.S. Moore one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On a normal day I'm at the shops at 8am when they open to get it out the way. I'm back home by the time the school run is finishing just after nine and I get the rest of my day for other things. Idiots seem to venture out later in the day! I might start making use of 24 hour stores at some point.

      Delete
  7. There was a time that I liked shopping. I am at a point that I try not to set foot in a store. If I need something, I order it online or try to send my husband to get it. Bah Humbug is right! I think I may actually have the Ann Charles books not that I have read them or anything. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like wandering around the shops but not I just go and get what I need and back out. I try to get what I can online but I haven't converted my dad to getting food shopping delivered yet! If I send my dad for it, he always comes back with the wrong thing even though I write it nice and clear on the list! Do it Thyself!

      Delete
  8. Great haul, Chuckles! As always, you have some super intriguing covers up there!

    Also, awesome job on getting your holiday shopping done so you can avoid the crowds--kudos on your ability to think ahead!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves if you're interested in checking it out. No pressure or worries if you're not, though! Happy book-ing to you, and happy weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have my Christmas shopping for presents done by August to avoid the crowds! Now we don't do much other than have the turkey dinner so I was thrilled to get that bought and frozen instead of having to get it 5 days before Christmas like last time! Gah!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a good week in term of blogging, reading and watching! I love cozy mysteries, it's one of my favorite genres. I hope you'll enjoy the cozies you got!
    That's neat you got the Christmas food bought already. It sure is crazy how busy the stores are right before Christmas. I hope this week will be a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked the covers of cozy mystery books but never really read more than a couple-they were decent but every one was more interested in the love interest than solving a crime! I hope these ones turn out different! It's certainly been a good week...just need to grab a supply of pasta and casserole sauces and I'm ready for winter setting in!

      Delete