Thursday, 17 November 2016

TV Review: Game of Thrones series 3


I've had these box sets for a while and had never watched a single episode until I watched season 1 last month. This review of season three will be free of plot spoilers and will only contain vague general thoughts about who I like and dislike so it will be safe to look at if you haven't watched the series yet. I binge watched this over two nights as I got more engrossed in the story!

My favourite characters in series 3:
Tyrion Lannister
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Robb Stark 
Margaery Tyrell
Olenna Tyrell
Jorah Mormont
Jeor Mormont
Samwell Tarly
Varys
Davos Seaworth
Osha 
Brienne 
Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
Hodor

Next are the ones I still wanted to see die a horrible death:
Cersei Lannister
Jaime Lannister (???)
Joffrey Lannister 
Tywin Lannister
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
Theon Greyjoy
Balon Greyjoy
Melisandre
Stannis Baratheon
Dagmer Cleftjaw 
Ramsay Snow
Walder Frey
Roose Bolton

I can't quite believe episode nine happened...Tywin needs to DIE for that and for the way he treats poor Tyrian. I think I'm still in a bit of shock it was such a horrific end to the season. Jon Snow finally finds his brain and his purpose and people that I hated turn out to have redeeming qualities ie Jaime...until he does something evil again that is. Others are going to get theirs I hope. I shed a ton of tears and tonight I go straight to the next series with a sense of horror and impending doom.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your GoT binge! The blood, the sex, the gore, the betrayal. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so worried about over hype before I started but I'm addicted now! I've only got time for 4 episodes a night and it's not enough!!! I should be finished the first 6 series before the month ends though.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your updates on this series and am thrilled you are enjoying it. This is absolutely not a spoiler but just put Jaime on both lists and leave it at that. Probably the safest bet. Have you ordered the new illustrated book yet? You know you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched season 4 in 2 nights and what a season it was...will be posting my review probably tomorrow but I have moved Jamie off the hit list...at least for now! Episodes 2, 9 and 10 were my favourites-all very emotional! *blubbers* What is it about episode 9's in this series!

      Stop leading me astray! I haven't bought it...yet...but I did buy a few T shirts and a very cool bag!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you're enjoying this series so much. It's always fun to see characters you hated have some redeeming qualities after all.

    ReplyDelete