Sunday, 20 November 2016

TV Review: Game of Thrones series 4


I've had these box sets for a while and had never watched a single episode until I watched season 1 last month. This review of season four will be free of plot spoilers and will only contain vague general thoughts about who I like and dislike so it will be safe to look at if you haven't watched the series yet. I binge watched this over two nights as I got more engrossed in the story! And my dad binge watched season one in a single night so he's very tired this morning!

My favourite characters in series 4:
Tyrion Lannister
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Margaery Tyrell
Olenna Tyrell
Jorah Mormont
Samwell Tarly
Varys
Davos Seaworth
Osha 
Brienne 
Bronn
Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
Hodor

Next are the ones I still wanted to see die a horrible death:
Cersei Lannister
Joffrey Lannister 
Tywin Lannister
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
Balon Greyjoy
Lysa Arryn
Melisandre
Stannis Baratheon
Selyse Baratheon
Ramsay Snow
Walder Frey
Roose Bolton
Cersei's Liars Club
The Mountain 
Meryn Trant
Janos Slynt
Pycelle

This was a series of happy highs mixed with emotional lows...episodes 2, 9 and 10 being the standouts. I think it might be my favourite so far but it's hard to pick. My heart breaks for Tyrion and the scum he has in his family so I was quite emotional by the end of the series. You have to admit though that this show knows how to do a wedding! I have adjusted my hit list a little after the events of this season but it may change again next time...Tyrian's speech to Court had me all fired up and then came 'You know nothing Jon Snow' *whimpers* And now their watch has ended *sobs* I don't know if I can survive this show!!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Agree! I'm obsessed with it! Tonight I finish series 5 and I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver series 6...

      Delete