Tuesday, 15 November 2016

TV Review: Game of Thrones series 2


I've had these box sets for a while and had never watched a single episode until I watched season 1 last month. This review of season two will be free of plot spoilers and will only contain vague general thoughts about who I like and dislike so it will be safe to look at if you haven't watched the series yet.

My favourite characters in series 2:
Tyrion Lannister
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Robb Stark
Jorah Mormont
Jeor Mormont
Samwell Tarly
Bronn 
Varys
Davos Seaworth
Osha 
Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
Luwin 
Jaqen H'ghar
Brienne

Next are the ones I wanted to see die a horrible death:
Cersei Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Joffrey Lannister 
Tywin Lannister
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
Lysa Arryn 
Theon Greyjoy
The Spice King
Balon Greyjoy
Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Pyat Pree
Melisandre
Stannis Baratheon
Dagmer Cleftjaw

Random thoughts for series 2: Well I found this more gripping in some ways than series 1 which was introducing the characters and where they come from. I shed tears at the end of the series AGAIN! Joffrey is the most vile character EVER and I want to see The Hound slit his throat! Will Jon Snow actually find some common sense? What the feck is wrong with that tosser Theon??? Can't Tyrian just kill his whole family or something? Can we see more of the wonderful Varys? And how great is it to see so many strong female characters in a drama series! Yea!

2 comments:

  1. Some of your comments made me laugh out loud this morning....Will Jon actually find some common sense and can't Tyrian just kill his while family or something. I love it!!!! So glad you are enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to hit Jon's head off something at times! Noticed that my hate list is getting longer...hopefully that will start getting trimmed down! I LOVE Tyrian so much, especially the big battle. I will start hurting TV executives if he dies...

      Delete