Saturday, 23 January 2016

Stacking the Shelves #118


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts. So if you use DISQUS, I can't visit you! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
               
January continues to be a good month for reading, I'm pleased to say! I am still up to my eyes in zombie and disaster books-some good, some average, some rubbish, but I'm still enjoying trying them all. I'm working through them at a nice pace and hope to get some more reading done over the weekend. I still have so many to read and lots of reviews to post which I hope to do a few of in the next few days, fingers crossed. 

I've already read quite a few of the books I'm posting this week as I picked them up just after last week's Saturday post. The first three I liked and hope to finish the reviews today. The next three were decent reads that had good points or potential. The next four I didn't like at all. The rest I haven't read yet!

DOWNLOADS:








 


14 comments:

  1. I can see some titles I'll have to forward to my sister as usual -- I really should try to get her into blogging! It looks like a great haul; hope you enjoy 'em -- the ones you haven't already devoured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got more where that came from! I have a pile of zombie, pandemic and EMP attack type books which will take me 3 more STS to share...plus whatever else I grab this week! Urk!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I love how many interesting books you seem to find every week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon certainly keep recommending zombie and prepper books to me! I like the sound of most...now just need to wait until the price comes down a bit on them!

      Delete
  3. You always find so many cool post-apocalyptic, zombie thrillers. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear of the ongoing zombie goodness. I know where to go when I'm in that mood. BTW if you haven't already check out Tokyo Zombie by Yusaku Hanakuma graphic novel and film - of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graphic novels and foreign films aren't really my thing though...come to think of of it, it's been a while since I watched a zombie film! Too busy reading about it I think!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely need Dead Hunger and Dusty's Diary based on the covers. I may hold off until I hear your thoughts though. Can't wait to see what you think of them. What a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead Hunger was a decent read-better than I thought it would be. I didn't like Dusty's Diary at all-will be reviewing that today. I hope to get a few done!

      Delete
  6. Yep I am such a sucker for these books, I do like the look of the prepper book, best to be prepared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many zombies and stuff!

      Delete
  7. Nice haul! I just saw all the reviews you posted, you sure have been busy! Zombies are always a good time! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a great week!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete