Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Booky Resolutions are wasted on Chuckles!


It's that time of year where people are asking you about New Year resolutions. To be honest I never bother with the things. I've never really seen the point on deciding that the first day of January is the day to change all your bad habits! But that's just me and I guess it works for some people so good luck to them. Me, I change things when I feel I need to change them, whatever day of the year it is!

However I make an exception for booky resolutions! Every year I decide on a pile of things I need to do this year. These were my 2015 resolutions:

1-Read 200 books for the Goodreads Challenge
2-Catch up on a pile of series that I started ages ago
3-Get my tbr under 500 books

Now lets look at my success. Instead of 200 books I read 265. Yes, happy with that. The series catch up was a complete failure. I think I caught up and finished TWO series which is not a raging success! I MEANT to but never quite got round to it...As for the tbr, these are books I already own in physical or digital book form and does not include wishlist. I did actually get below 500 with a few months to spare but then I lost control and bought books in Amazons autumn sales, Black Friday sales, Christmas and New Year sales so I started the New Year on 617 books to read. That was very depressing!!!

Am I going to do resolutions for this year? Course I am and here they are!

1-Read 200 books for the Goodreads Challenge
2-Catch up on a pile of series that I started ages ago
3-Get my tbr under 500 books AND KEEP IT THERE!

Ah well, I'm nothing if not optomistic I guess! I think I'll do ok with the 200 books read total. I would love to get close to 300 to be honest but I'm not pushing myself. The other two, I live in hope with little expectation...!

So are you doing booky or non booky resolutions this year? Were you successful in last years efforts? Feel free to gloat or sob below!

12 comments:

  1. I hope you reach all your goals, Chuckles! The word 'resolutions' kind of freak me out a bit, so goals are definitely the better option :D I always prefer goals that than be adapted along the way, takes a load of pressure off. Best of luck with reaching 200+ books this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be ok with the 200 Goodreads books...it's the rest I'm worried about!

      Delete
  2. I think that you did great in 2015! I hope you are able to achieve everything you are hoping for this year. I didn't set any goals in 2015 but in 2016, I plan to catch up on my ARC pile. My tbr pile numbers in the thousands....that one will take a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suddenly feel better about my tbr! Good luck with your ARC challenge!

      Delete
  3. Yeaaah! Good to see you got through your goal. :D And that you are back at it for this year. lol. I did do well, and should add more challenges to the stack, but I try to keep it simple because I always fail. lol

    Happy New Year and hope you had a lovely holiday with your family and friends. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should really have raised the bar to 250 but I don't want to pressure myself too much. I really do need to cut the buys as much as I can at least until the summer. I doubt I can restrain myself from free zombies though...! I know what you mean: we like challenging ourselves but real life has a habit of spoiling it at times!

      Delete
  4. Just think -- your TBR pile is smaller than mine! You're doing better than someone. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I'm doing better than TWO people now! *cheers* Might celebrate by buying a book...*noooooo!!!*

      Delete
  5. Those are great goals! I definitely need to catch up on series that I started forever ago instead of constantly starting new ones. :P

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say that every year Angie but I tend to focus on stuff I can trade to others or books quicker to read to cut my numbers. I MUST get a few series done though!

      Delete
  6. Same her,e I never really liked the idea of how you can onyl change on january 1, but I can kinda see how the start of a new year is the time to look back on your lfie and see what you want to change.
    I mostly do bookish resolutions, as I like setting goals and then seeing if I reach them. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete