Friday, 7 December 2018

Tackling The TBR


In late 2018 and 2019 I'm making a big effort to reduce my TBR by buying less, getting stuff read and getting rid of the things that I just don't want to read from my bookshelves and my ereaders Maurice and Myrnin! I'll be doing this regular post to show my progress-what came into the house what I read and DNFed and what was taken off the TBR.

The TBR total shown is the total number of books I own but have not read yet-wishlist books are NOT in my TBR! Books in are bought, downloaded or gifted this week. Books added are books I bought a while back but haven't yet added to my Goodreads TBR so they aren't newly bought, just newly added. Books read and DNFed are obvious. Deleted from the TBR are books I no longer want to read and have been removed.

This is my post for this week. I looked at three apocalypse series that had mixed reviews. I read two of them and DNFed the third. That gave me a pile of unwanted sequels which I added to my deleted from TBR total. I also discovered that a zombie seriesI downloaded from Amazon was defective and had no content on the ebooks so I deleted them. Then I DNFed two more books. These are my stats for the week! I'm tired so I hope my Maths is ok!

DECEMBER 1st-7th

TBR Total: 1227
Books In: 3
Books Added: 2
Books Read: 2
Books DNF: 3
Deleted From TBR: 23
Total: 1204

6 comments:

  1. I am afraid to log all the books I own. I know it's a lot. Reading two series is great. Sorry the third one didn't work for you, but at least you got some books off the TBR. 23 down is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to reduce the pile by 28 this week which is a huge bonus! I'm hoping to DNF a few individual books in the next week or complete them for my challenges!

      Delete
  2. Great job with deleting! I want to change how I acquire books, so I’m also trying to reduce my TBR by a lot. I tend to buy a ton of books at once, and I don’t want to do that anymore. I don’t like when books sit unread on my shelf for forever.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan to spend less on books next year and try to deal in samples and free books more. Not liking a few book ones let me dump quite a few sequels this week! They'll all go to the charity shop next week.

      Delete
  3. Good job! Doing a weekly post will definitely help you and show you all the progress you make as the year goes on :-) Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured there was no point putting it off until next year so off we go! This was a good start and I dumped a good few off the apocalypse shelves this week!

      Delete