Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
December! Winter reading and TV! I'm pleased to say that we got the hall fire fixed. It was only a quick job but the prices these guys charge for labour is shocking! They won't go poor any time soon, that's for sure. Anyway, it's done and I'm relieved as we're about to get some very bad weather coming our way and we welcome the extra heat. The book ban is going ok. I bought one ebook at 99p this week so that's fairly acceptable but no paperbacks or hardbacks. My dad took pity on me and bought two hardbacks that he knows I really wanted so I'm happy! Free books are good! I've also done well with reading and filled another bag for the charity shop, reducing the TBR pile in the process so that's a good week!
DOWNLOADS
I bought the first one and the other two are books I downloaded ages ago but I'm just getting round to adding them to my Goodreads TBR to be counted!
GIFTED!
Chuckles Blogging World
Kept up with pretty much everything this week but was very busy putting together Blogmas posts which took longer than expected!
Book Reviews
none this week
Regular Posts
I went Around The Blogs looking for the best posts on other blogs, Cover Love featured The Extinction Trials, Top Ten Tuesday was Dangerous Winter Settings, Can't Wait Wednesday looked at The Chamber of Secrets and Books From The Backlog was The Omega Days.
Chuckles Cover Love
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Can't Wait Wednesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Tackling The TBR
Film & TV Reviews
I've mostly had the TV off this week to avoid all the political fighting that is doing my head in! With workmen in and lots to do on the computer I didn't really watch anything.
Special Posts
This week was the first week of Blogmas and time for the Bad Sex in Fiction Awards.
Blogmas-Best YA
Blogmas-Best NF
Blogmas-Best Short Stories
Blogmas-Best Urban Fantasy
Blogmas-Best Dark Suspense/Thriller
Blogmas-Best Zombies
December Reads
December Reads Update 1
Bad Sex in Fiction Awards 2018
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
I looked at the three books that I planned to get to, finishing two and DNFing one. Out of the two I will continue with one of the series but not the other. I also DNFed a couple of other books and deleted a pile of sequels off the Goodreads page. Somehow my total on Goodreads doesn't match the one of my post and it is doing my head in! Anyway next up are a reread of Icebound, and a couple of thrillers.









Sounds like the reading is going great. How nice of Dad. I'm also glad the heat is fixed in the hall. Being cold is the worst!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a mad week but getting those two books helped nicely!
DeleteSister Sister looks good.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping I don't like it so I can DNF it and create space on my thrillers shelf! It's turning into a weird month hoping for DNFs!
DeleteOhhh, Sister Sister! I'll be looking for your review for this one!
ReplyDeleteThe review is likely to come next year but if I DNF it it might appear later this month in a mini reviews post!
DeleteGlad to hear the heat is fixed. I hate being cold! And some good looking books too. Is that a new one by Koontz? Gotta check it out. I bought on of his recently and turns out it was one I owned but with a new synopsis and cover. I hate when they do that. But, my bad that I didn't check it out more thoroughly before buying it.
ReplyDeleteIt was amazing how cold the house felt with just the living room heated. Getting the hall fire back on has made a huge difference so I'm glad it was a simple fix. The Dean Koontz books is an old one that I'm rereading so I can write a better review and do it for a challenge. Oh I hate when they rebrand a book and sell it and we end up buying it twice-it's chweating the book readers!
DeleteOh, I'm with you on the political fighting! If I hear any more Brexit related balls this month I might actually lose my last thread on sanity! It doesn't seem to matter what side of the fence people sit on, everyone has lost the plot!
ReplyDeleteI tried a book buying ban earlier this year and it didn't go so well so I wish you luck with yours!
I wish they'd just accept this deal and have an end to it! I'm keeping the TV off unless I'm watching sport or a dvd, just to get away from it!
DeleteI need to get creative with the book ban next year and allow myself rewards for each book I get off the tbr. I haven't quite worked out the details yet!
I'm glad you got the heat fixed, Chuckles! Especially since the weather is going to get colder.
ReplyDeleteGood job on the book ban, too. I am not on a ban per se, but I try my best to stay away from NetGalley and Edelweiss these days :)
Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookworms
We've had a couple of right cold nights but no snow yet so I'm glad the heating is fixed now! The book ban is going ok but it has felt like a long week with no Amazon packages arriving!
DeleteI am happy to hear that you were able to get the repairs made for your heat. Those repairmen do charge quite a bit. We had to have some repairs made not too long ago and it was quite high. You are doing great on your ban! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteEvery day without buying is a bonus! Actually I've been too busy with blog posts and housework to look at books! I guess that's a good thing...It is good to have the heating fixed in case the weather turns nasty!
DeleteYes for winter and staying in reading and watching TV :)
ReplyDeleteThat's what I love about the winter! No rushing around shopping as I've stocked up on all essentials, feet up in front of the fire!
DeleteI love Dean Koontz, I don't think I have read Icebound yet. I will have to get to that. I also want to read Sister Sister! I hope you enjoy!
ReplyDeleteMary
It's rated as horror but it's really a thriller as there are no real horror scenes in it. It's more about suspense. Sister Sister was a decent read with a couple of nice twists to it. Better than I expected.
Delete