Thursday, 13 December 2018

Books From The Backlog-Sisters Of Treason


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


Following the acclaimed Queen's Gambit, Elizabeth Fremantle brings us a new novel of intrigue and menace at the Tudor Court. . .

1554: Lady Jane Grey is executed by her cousin Queen Mary...
Now Lady Jane's younger sisters Katherine and Mary, cursed with the Tudor blood that saw their sister killed, face the perils of the royal court alone.

Lady Katherine - young and spirited - makes dangerous romantic liaisons. While Lady Mary - crook-backed and vulnerable - becomes the Queen's reluctant companion, yet yearns to escape court intrigue. And both girls fear their proximity to the Queen might be their undoing.

For the childless Queen is ill. If she should die Katherine may be pushed to power, but the Queen's half-sister Elizabeth casts a long shadow and if she gains the throne the court will become a terrifying maze of treachery and suspicion - where holding royal blood could be a death warrant for the two sisters...

This sumptuous historical drama is perfect for fans of Philippa Gregory and Hilary Mantel. Through the eyes of the Grey sisters we are given an insight into the treacherous rule of the Tudor Court.


I really loved The Queen's Gambit and I'm fascinated by the Grey sisters so I want to read this one. I bought a copy back in 2015.

12 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I read anything about the Tudor Court but I do enjoy this kind of book. I hope you do enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ton of these books waiting to be read so I might set them aside for February...I have a themed version of a love month coming up!

      Delete
  2. The ill-fated sisters are definitely an intriguing story. Hope the second book is as good as the first for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly loved the first book and I have high hopes for this one. I'm fascinated by the Grey sisters!

      Delete
  3. The Queen's Gambit is on my TBR list, but I haven't heard of this one. It does sound good, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Queen's Gambit was really good! I read it after winning a paperback copy on Goodreads!

      Delete
  4. Great cover and it does sound interesting. This would be a great feature to help me get a bit of control over my TBR also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFTB does remind me of some of the books I'd forgotten! I love my Tudor books but didn't read any this year so I must do better with that next year.

      Delete
  5. Leanda de Lisle wrote a book on them called The Sisters Who Would Be Queen. The book you're featuring was actually based on the non-fiction text de Lisle wrote. It was pretty decent and thorough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that book but I don't get much time for non fiction these days! I've read a few good novels about the Grey sisters so I look forward to this one.

      Delete
  6. Doesn't look like one for me, but I hope you enjoy it.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my Tudor books! It's weird but I don't mind romance in these books but I hate it in other genres!

      Delete