Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish
in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of
2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to
bring bookish friends together. http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
This week is about Christmas which my dad and I no longer celebrate, so no Santa in this house! Instead here ten books that I want to buy!
1) Greig Beck-Primordia
I read his Megalodon thriller Fathomless which was really good and bought the follow up. Now I really want to read his two part dinosaur series! He looks like he could become a new favourite author of mine if these are good!
2) LD Goffigan-Fortress of Blood
I read The Beast of London at the end of this year and was pretty surprised to like it as much as I did, as that time period has never interested me. This is book 2 in the series so I'll be grabbing this and book 3.
3) Alison Weir-Jane Seymour
I have the first two in this 6 Queens series so I was always going to grab this one. It's been a long wait for the paperback edition but I have it pre-ordered and it is coming out at the start of January!
4) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Extinction Red Line
It was sad to read Extinction War, the last in a brilliant series but now here is a prequel novel to enjoy! I'll be getting this very soon and I'm hoping for more spin off books for the series at some point.
5) Bob Woodward-Fear
I do enjoy political books and I've liked a couple of previous books by the author, so when I saw that he had written one about Trump I was certainly going to buy it!
6) SM Wilson-Extinction Trials Rebel
Having loved the first two books in the series, I preordered this one as soon as the cover was revealed. I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out at the start of February.
7) Michael Stephen Fuchs-Odyssey
Arisen is my favourite ever zombie series and there was talk about several spin off books coming out which was exciting. This one fits in later, telling the story of a side mission that two characters went on.
8) Rio Youers-Halcyon
I love the gorgeous cover for this book and the plot sounds interesting. It has been on my wishlist for a fair amount of this year so I'm keen to get it.
9) James Rollins-Amazonia
I was recommended this book based on liking what I've read of Matthew Reilly, and the books where something lurks in the forests and jungles. Need to try his work next year.
10) George RR Martin-The Winds of Winter
Yeah, I know, wishful thinking!
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
This week is about Christmas which my dad and I no longer celebrate, so no Santa in this house! Instead here ten books that I want to buy!
1) Greig Beck-Primordia
I read his Megalodon thriller Fathomless which was really good and bought the follow up. Now I really want to read his two part dinosaur series! He looks like he could become a new favourite author of mine if these are good!
2) LD Goffigan-Fortress of Blood
I read The Beast of London at the end of this year and was pretty surprised to like it as much as I did, as that time period has never interested me. This is book 2 in the series so I'll be grabbing this and book 3.
3) Alison Weir-Jane Seymour
I have the first two in this 6 Queens series so I was always going to grab this one. It's been a long wait for the paperback edition but I have it pre-ordered and it is coming out at the start of January!
4) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Extinction Red Line
It was sad to read Extinction War, the last in a brilliant series but now here is a prequel novel to enjoy! I'll be getting this very soon and I'm hoping for more spin off books for the series at some point.
5) Bob Woodward-Fear
I do enjoy political books and I've liked a couple of previous books by the author, so when I saw that he had written one about Trump I was certainly going to buy it!
6) SM Wilson-Extinction Trials Rebel
Having loved the first two books in the series, I preordered this one as soon as the cover was revealed. I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out at the start of February.
7) Michael Stephen Fuchs-Odyssey
Arisen is my favourite ever zombie series and there was talk about several spin off books coming out which was exciting. This one fits in later, telling the story of a side mission that two characters went on.
8) Rio Youers-Halcyon
I love the gorgeous cover for this book and the plot sounds interesting. It has been on my wishlist for a fair amount of this year so I'm keen to get it.
9) James Rollins-Amazonia
I was recommended this book based on liking what I've read of Matthew Reilly, and the books where something lurks in the forests and jungles. Need to try his work next year.
10) George RR Martin-The Winds of Winter
Yeah, I know, wishful thinking!

My husband and I have never exchanged gifts and I feel like everyday is Christmas for my girls so I don't do a lot of gift buying. I buy myself the best presents anyway :) I hope you are able to add a few of these to your shelves soon. Merry Christmas, Chuckles!
ReplyDeleteI used to enjoy the gift giving with my parents and I guess I miss it...but my dad and I can't get as excited about it now so we're giving it a miss. Maybe next year! We do buy each other the odd gift through the year though. Merry Christmas to you Carole!
DeleteHope you have fun purchasing all of these eventually. Merry Christmas from me and my boys!
ReplyDeleteA few are already heading my way, paid by gift card! Merry Christmas!
DeleteHope you get to treat yourself to some of these this year!
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
The first few are already headed my way free!
DeleteHope you get your hands on some of these!
ReplyDeleteFour are on the way thanks to a gift card!
DeleteHa ha Winds of Winter! It has to comer out eventually, right? And I am pumped for Extinction Trials: Rebel. I'm glad it's not too far away!!!
ReplyDeleteIf I keep talking about it, eventually it has to happen right?! I cannot wait for Rebel!
DeleteLove the list, Chuckles and here's hoping no 12 becomes a reality soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm anxious to get my hands on them!
DeleteOkay...now I have to check them out if you're wanting them. lol
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I can't wait to get my hands on this lot!
DeleteI have got to check out Grieg Beck. I think I have the first book on my wish list. If you enjoyed it I know I will. Great list and I've found some good reads from the ones you share. Reading the Bane County series right now and eating it up. Have you heard of it?
ReplyDeleteFathomless was really good! A good mix of interesting characters, megalodon lurking underwater and a lot of tense scenes! I can't wait to read Abyss and try his dinosaur books! I've seen Bane County on your blog and I like the sound of it!
DeleteGreat list! I hope you enjoy the next two books by LD Goffigan!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to them! I read the first one in one sitting so the others should be quick reads.
Delete