Saturday, 15 December 2018

Blogmas #15-Best New Books By Favourite Authors 2018


This time I'm looking at New Books by Favourite Authors that I read this year. There will be an overlap of horror here but bear with me! By new, I don't specifically mean new releases, just a book I'm reading for the first time by an author I enjoy!




Urgh don't make me pick a favourite! There are a few 5 star reads in this lot like Kitty's House of Horrors and Endurance! OK I'll select Kitty as Endurance won my horror category!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a good read! Rick Chesler is one of my favourites for creature features!

      Delete
  2. Ooh the Kitty book! I'm liking those, just finished book two recently and will be starting three soon. And Yeti is now on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found books two and three a bit slow but the series really gets into gear through 4-8. Hopefully you'll keep enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. I read the new Mhani Alaoui novel, Aya Dane, this week. It's not remotely horror, but she is a favourite author of mine so I was eager to start the new book, but also apprehensive in case it wasn't as amazing as I anticipated. Fortunately it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting but a little scary to see a new book by a favourite author! I'm trying not to be too hyped up in case I'm disappointed but when it turns out great I'm so happy! I'm pleased that book worked out for you!

      Delete
  4. It's always great when a favorite author doesn't disappoint. You had so many to choose from too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting hold of that new release from a favourite author and then finding it is a great read!

      Delete
  5. I want to try the Kitty series. You really seem to like them. And many of these other author's are on my auto read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall I found the series kept up a good standard. A few books were better than others but that is to be expected but I really enjoyed the story arcs from books 4-9. I love the radio show segment in each book, the way the minimal romance is background and great supporting characters.

      Delete
  6. I still haven't read any Carrie Vaughn! I have a couple books of hers on my shelf though, which I hope to get to soon.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the names of the Kitty's book series. I think I might start this series once my buying ban is over. I do expect a few books for the holidays coming in from my hubby so I don't want to buy anything right now.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty was an enjoyable urban fantasy and I loved the radio show element in the books!

      Delete
  8. I know choosing is hard LOL Sophie @bewareofthereader

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read the Kitty series one day. I was reading so many UF series years ago that I just quit but I do miss the genre.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much that was marketed as urban fantasy was really paranormal romance in disguise and that started putting me off reading newer releases.

      Delete
  10. A Meg in Paradise? I want to go there. lol
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to read the Carrie Vaughn series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly enjoyed it. The radio show is a lot of fun!

      Delete