Monday, 10 December 2018

Blogmas #10-Books And Films 2018


I'm going my own way today as I make my decisions about best standalone at the end of the month once I am done reading for the year. 

Today I'm looking at the books that were turned into films and films that were turned into books. I only read a few so I'll mention them all and pick a winner.

BOOKS TO FILM 


FILM TO BOOK


The winner here is not in doubt! Final Destination 3 was better than average...but it has to be Ready Player One!

20 comments:

  1. I still have to read Ready Player One -- the movie was such a treat to watch though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to find time to watch the film but this month I have so much blogging to get done that time seems limited! December is always like that-reviews of the year, blogging ahead for the festive period, planning next years lists, posts and challenges!

      Delete
  2. I have not seen Ready Player One. I think it's because I DNFed the book, but I did love the Summer and Final Destination movies back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting to like Ready Player One but these year I dipped my toe into SF and found certain types that do work for me! I love the Final Destination films!

      Delete
  3. I've yet to see OR read Ready Player One. Maybe I'll watch it over the holidays. We watched The Predator over the weekend (the new one, which is hard to tell from the title right?) and it was all kinds of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope The Predator is better than AVP2-that was a poor film! I still need to catch up on recently bought films but December is a bad time for finding free time!

      Delete
  4. I can't think of any books I've read that were films first, though there must have been some. It's rare a film lives up to its book for me. Some of the films are good anyway and, especially with the old classics, I'll happily watch the adaptation so I don't have to plough through the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read the old classics but sometimes I might see the films, depending on what they are. These novels based on screenplays are hit and miss but I enjoyed the Resident Evil ones.

      Delete
  5. I still need to see this movie (Ready Player One). I did really like the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an 80's child! Loved the music, the Brat Pack films, the arcade games but maybe not the fashions! I think it's one of the reasons that Ready Player One appealed to me!

      Delete
  6. Okay...you made me curious. I'll have to check it out.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen Ready Player One yet but I did read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not finding time to get the film watched but I do want to see it!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I loved all the 80's stuff in it! I really need to find time to watch the film!

      Delete
  9. I still need to read Ready Player One. I want to listen to the audiobook before I watch the movie so I need to get around to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to find time to watch it over Christmas!

      Delete
  10. I loved, loved, loved Ready Player One and can see how this would be the winner! I haven't put my review up yet for it but that is one of the book reviews I plan on putting up on my time off! =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review is yet to go up too! I'm now ploughing through the reviews of books I read in August to put up this week and there are some really good ones!

      Delete