This topic is meant to be rom com but I don't read romance so I'm looking instead at the best urban fantasy reads from the year. I read a fair bit of urban fantasy and here is the best, excluding short stories and YA.
I did a full series catchup of the Kitty Norville books by Carrie Vaughn. I enjoyed the series and was reasonably satisfied by how it all worked out in the end. Theres are my favourites in that series!
I LOVED the second book in the Gavyn Donatti series by Sonya Bateman! I enjoyed the Iron Druid anthology which was released just before the last book in the series. Really enjoyed the first book in the Greta Helsing series and the Montague & Strong series.
The winner here would have to be....Sonya Bateman! I'm thrilled that she has started self publishing more books in this brilliant series!









Ohhh, I didn't know Batemann had started self publishing. I need to scour my shelves for what I own now since you love them so much and since it's continuing. Yay for urban fantasy. I'll be reading more in 2019.
ReplyDeleteShe's written quite a bit now! She's definitely one of my favourite UF writers!
DeleteI really want to read Strange Practice! I haven't read anything by Sonya but if she can self-publish and still be amazing, I definitely want to take a look at her. I can't believe its day four already! =0)
ReplyDeleteOn a side-note - I have to get working on more posts!
Mary
I love Sonya Bateman's work! I've read books in two of her series and still have new series to try! Must get to that next year. I'm about 6 posts ahead with Blogmas which isn't bad at all!
DeleteI just finished the second Kitty book and am really enjoying them. I definitely will keep going,
ReplyDeleteGreat! I'm glad you're enjoying them! I love the radio show segment in each book and the characters through the series are great!
DeleteThe Greta Van Helsing series is great, I love the mashup of classic monsters with a modern setting!
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
Strange Practice was a great book and I'm already looking forward to reading the second!
DeleteI love UF!
ReplyDeleteThe Kitty Norville series is waiting for me on my Kindle (well, most of them are!) but I haven't read them yet. Glad to know that it's a pretty good one!
The Iron Druid series gets lots of good feedback and I've only recently added that to the TBR.
Hopefully, I'll read both of them next year.
I hope you enjoy both series if you find time for them next year. That's the problem isn't it...so many books we want to read!
DeleteI just read a short featuring Kitty and her husband in Urban Allies, made me want to go back to that series.
ReplyDeleteOverall I liked the series. I still have some reviews of the later books to put up but I'm way behind on reviews!
DeleteSome good looking books. I don't think I have read any Bateman, but I will be checking into that.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
She is a great urban fantasy author! I love her work!
Delete