In late 2018 and 2019 I'm making a big effort to reduce my TBR by buying less, getting stuff read and getting rid of the things that I just don't want to read from my bookshelves and my ereaders Maurice and Myrnin! I'll be doing this regular post to show my progress-what came into the house what I read and DNFed and what was taken off the TBR.
The TBR total shown is the total number of books I own but have not read yet-wishlist books are NOT in my TBR! Books in refers to bought, downloaded or gifted THIS WEEK. Books added are books I bought a while back but haven't yet added to my Goodreads TBR so they aren't newly bought, just newly added. Both of these categories together are my 'in' total. Books read and DNFed are obvious. Deleted from the TBR are books or sequels I no longer want to read and have been removed. These three categories are my books 'out'.
This is my second post for the challenge. In week two one book was a reread (Icebound) and is not reduced from the TBR total. To stop confusion I'm creating a new category for that! These are my stats for the first two weeks and this week. I made some progress this week.
DECEMBER 1st-7th
TBR Total: 1227
New Books In: 3
Old Books Added: 2
Books Read: 2
Books DNF: 3
Others Deleted From TBR: 23
New Total: 1204
DECEMBER 8th-14th
TBR Total: 1204
New Books In: 0
Old Books Added: 0
Books Read: 1
New Books In: 0
Old Books Added: 0
Books Read: 1
Books DNF: 0
Others Deleted From TBR: 0
New Total: 1203
*one reread not counted in overall reading*
DECEMBER 15th-21st
TBR Start Total: 1203
New Books In: 0
Old Books Added: 0
Books Read: 2
Rereads: 0 New Books In: 0
Old Books Added: 0
Books Read: 2
Books DNF: 2
Others Deleted From TBR: 0
New Total: 1199

Yay! It’s under 1200. That’s an accomplishment. :)
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
First target reached!
DeleteYou're doing really good, better than I am!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy with progress so far but need more effort next year!
DeleteAwesome work!! Cutting down my TBR in 2019 is my main goal as well :-D
ReplyDeleteI really took my eye off the ball this year and need to repair the damage!
Delete