Monday, 10 December 2018

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out. 

This week! 

1) Book Review-Chasing American Monsters by Jason Offutt
Sarah looks at cryptids and hairy beasts!
http://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2018/12/chasing-american-monsters-251-creatures.html 

2) Book Review-The Weight of Ashes by Rook Winters 
Erica goes alien dystopian!
https://www.ericarobynreads.com/2018/12/book-review-weight-of-ashes.html 

3) Book Review-The Beast's Heart by Leife Shallcross
Barb goes Beauty and the Beast retelling.
http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.com/2018/12/i-love-him-furry-paws-and-all.html  

4) New Releases This Week 
Carole looks at a few new releases you might want to grab!
https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2018/12/new-releases-december-4-2018.html 

5) Book Review-I'll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara 
Verushka goes true crime.
https://editingeverything.com/blog/2018/12/04/ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-a-true-crime-story-you-know-well/ 

6) Book Review-Harley Quinn Mad Love by Paul Dini & Pat Cadigan
Mogsy looks at the origin story for the popular character.
https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/12/03/book-review-harley-quinn-mad-love-by-paul-dini-pat-cadigan/ 

7) Mini Reviews
AJ looks at plagues and a bit of psychology.
http://ajsterkel.blogspot.com/2018/12/mini-reviews-get-well-soon-opening.html 

8) Book Review-Evil Has A Name by Paul Holes
Verushka looks a true crime book by the police who caught the killer.
https://editingeverything.com/blog/2018/12/05/evil-has-a-name-another-view-on-the-search-for-the-golden-state-killer/ 

9) Book Review-Camouflage by Ivy Keating & Scott Spotson
Greg looks at monsters and romance.
http://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.com/2018/12/camouflage.html 

10) Characters Behaving Badly
Sam looks at whether their decisions can make or break a book.
http://weliveandbreathebooks.blogspot.com/2018/12/discussion-characters-behaving-badly.html 

11) Book Review-First Women by Kate Andersen Brower
Katherine looks at the inside story of America's First Ladies through the years.
http://iwishilivedinalibrary.blogspot.com/2018/12/first-women-nonfiction-review.html 

12) Book Review-I'll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara
Sarah goes true crime.
http://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2018/12/ill-be-gone-in-dark-one-womans.html 

11 comments:

  1. I'm definitely gifting myself the Harley Quinn book this season. And probably the Joker one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might be excited by this one! As soon as I saw the review I knew you'd be all over that book! She does sound interesting!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read I’ll Be Gone In The Dark. I’ve been on a waitlist for it since before it came out. If I get a gift card for Christmas, I’ll probably buy it because I don’t want to wait anymore!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO GOOD. I did not know much about the case until McNamara passed away and so I was looking forward to the book. It gets a little choppy when it goes from her writing to that of his assistants, but given the reason, it doesn't make much of an impact in a negative way. You just get the overwhelming sense of even how much better the book could've been had she been able to complete it. Come chat about it when you get a chance to read it!

      Delete
    2. I have so much non fiction waiting for me on my shelves for next year. I don't know that I'll ever get round to reading more true crime!

      Delete
  3. Aw, two shout-outs this week, thank you!! I am about to mosey on over to the other post you liked to about "I'll be Gone in the Dark". Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist posts about cryptids! I have a few books about them that I need to get to.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link love! I hope more people get to check out Harley Quinn's origin novel!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she sounds pretty fascinating from your review!

      Delete