Thursday, 6 December 2018

Blogmas #6-Best Zombie 2018


The topic this time is best historical but I didn't read any in this genre that I totally loved so I'm going my own way with a look at the best zombie apocalypse books I read this year!

This two part zombie series was a great start to the year!


I re-read book one and finished this all action series! Rumour has it there is another book to come so that should be fun if it happens!


This was the final book in the Extinction Cycle and I LOVED it! There is going to be more books set in this world and I really can't wait!


 And a bit of daft zombie game show fun!


And the winner has to be...Extinction War! It was a brilliant end to a five star series from start to finish!

18 comments:

  1. I think the only zombie book I have ever really read was Warm Bodies, which was a sort of Romeo and Juliet story and probably why I was interested. Those Reeder covers are really scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't a fan of that book but I'm more into the rip em open traditional horror zombies so that wasn't much of a surprise! *grins*

      Delete
  2. The Reeder series has some seriously demented zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was full on with scary smart zombies, deranged cults, psycho civilians and lots of zombies!

      Delete
  3. I only read one zombie apocalypse book this year. It was Dread Nation, and it was okay. I liked it, but it wasn’t one of my favorites.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned to read that but I heard it was more about the civil rights stuff and less about the zombies so I deleted it!

      Delete
  4. Extinction War is another one on my TBR list...you know, that list that grows exponentially when I'm not looking. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Extinction Cycle series. Great characters, lots of action and tension and of course a lot of different zombie variants!

      Delete
  5. I really need to read more zombie books - maybe a goal for next year. I've heard so many great things about Nicholas Sansbury Smith's series!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I neglected my zombies this year in favour of creature feature and horror! I hope you enjoy this series if you read it! I'd also recommend ZA Recht's Morningstar trilogy and Michael Stephen Fuchs Arisen series!

      Delete
  6. Well, I guess Extinction will have to go on my reading list. I loved that cover and have seen the books around. 5 Stars start to finish...I want some of that. lol
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! There might be a few spin off books coming which is exciting!

      Delete
  7. Sadly, I haven't read that many zombie books. I have read a few YA zombie books that weren't bad and adult ones but it's just not something I usually pick up. I like asylum/ghost horror books the best.

    Mary

    P.S. - I just love how you are fitting these to you. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read YA zombie books as they tend to throw in angst and romance and horrible characters! Ironically, ghosts are one of the horror themes I rarely read!

      Delete
  8. Hahaha totally tweaking the theme! But if you don't read historical I haven't read zombies LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read historical especially set in the Tudor and Plantagenet period-I love fiction about Henry VIII and his wives and mistresses! I just didn't read anything that got above two stars this year!

      Delete
  9. I remember paying attention to Nicholas' books after I saw your reviews for this series :) Now I'm a HUGE fan if his :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to see a few spin offs from the series soon! That would make me very happy!

      Delete