Friday, 28 December 2018

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Just a few more days of the year to go before I start on my reading for next year! Do you wait until January 1st to start your first book of the year or do you start a book in December and finish it on January 1st to count as your first book? I always wonder what people are doing! I'm not reading anything yet, just vegging out in front of the TV watching darts, cricket and Top Chef Canada. The weather here is pretty mild for the time of the year and no sign of the threatened big freeze yet. Flu season is also slow to start this year which has me worried of a big outbreak next year!  

On the book front, I've ordered books but they won't come until January so that doesn't break the book ban plus they are freebies anyway as I'm using a gift card! They are pretty much new books in series I'm following but that will be for next week's post! No new books to add and no downloads either-nothing much to report there!

Chuckles Blogging World
It has been a busy month on the blog especially joining in with Blogmas, which has been fun. I've been working on the posts for January especially my reading list and new challenges.

Book Reviews 
Finally found a bit of time to do a few!

Jack Kilborn-Endurance

Ryan Graudin-Wolf by Wolf

Christa Faust-Final Destination 3

Regular Posts
I went Around The Blogs to find the best blog posts to share. Cover Love was about Eric Khan Gale, Top Ten Tuesday was Ten Books I Want To Buy, Can't Wait Wednesday featured The Bug Out and Books From The Backlog looked at Jesse James Dawson.

Chuckles Cover Love

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Can't Wait Wednesday

Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering was all about my plans for the end of this year and the challenges I'm starting in 2019.

Chuckles Chuntering

Chuckles Chuntering Book Challenges

Film & TV Reviews
I had fun watching the first series of Finding Bigfoot and the first series of Top Chef Canada. Man, some of those contestants had me shouting at the TV they were so obnoxious! It was great! My digital TV box is broken and I'm still waiting on my dad to get it sorted so it's all stuff on disk that I'm watching.

Special Posts 
Blogmas continues and I look at the yearly stats.

Blogmas #22 Best Animals in Books

Blogmas #23 Best Plot Twists

Blogmas #24 Best Main Male Character

Blogmas #25 Best Female Main Character

Blogmas #26 Best Secondary Male Character

Blogmas #27 Best Secondary Female Character

Blogmas #28 Best Books To Be Films

December Reads Update 3

Review of the Year Statistics

Book Tags/Blog Awards

Annual End of Year Survey

Currently Reading/Up Next 
My plan is to get two monster books out of the way and this is what I'll tackle first. I'll be devoting all my time to reading with these two!


18 comments:

  1. oh oh I'm borrowing a laptop and just realized I commented with another google account! Could you delete those two comments? I'll leave new comments! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have to "carryforward" my books because I always have unfinished books when January comes :) I'm listening to Hell Divers IV while painting my daughter's room and planning my 2019 year now :)Let's cross our fingers we don't have a flu outbreak next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might start A Dance With Dragons part 2 tonight ready to finish in January as it is so big! This year I WILL read Hell Divers!

      Delete
  3. My family went "away" for Christmas...we drove 20 minutes up the road to Park City for a few days and played games and watched movies, but these past two days I've mostly been hibernating. It snowed about 6 inches on Christmas and it's a bit cold outside. So I'm glad to be inside with some good books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is pretty busy for me with extra blog posts and an enthusiastic start to the reading year! No snow for us and I'm fine with that!

      Delete
  4. I don't really pay too much attention to the whole first book of the year thing, or at least I didn't before blogging haha- I guess I do now! My reading has been pretty slow for the last week with the holiday and everything, but I think I've picked out my next book (which will be my first of the year by the time I get around to it)!

    And yay for A Dance With Dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not bothered what I read first usually. I have started A Dance With Dragons part 2 and I started Gameland earlier this year so I'm trying to get through them but it will be January before I finish them so it'll get me off to a good start!

      Delete
  5. I try to start January 1st with a new book, but we'll see if I can manage it this year!! :) Have a wonderful new years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't picked out my first book of the year yet. I never really thought about it much. I have a few that are up for review tours, I might pick one of those.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got started on those two big books I chose and it'll certainly be January before I finish them! i always like to start the year with something I know I'll like, to get me excited for the month ahead!

      Delete
  7. I just keep reading. I have a book going on my Kindle and an audiobook right now so either they will be my last reads of 2018 or the first of 2019. I hope you have a fantastic New Year, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading both of these books at the moment and will get both done tomorrow! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  8. I try not to worry about the transition between years! I just want to read and enjoy reading, not worry about whether I finished it in 2018 or 2019. It's tempting to leave books to 2019 so I get the credit toward my reading goal, but... nope! I won't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy that until the last few days I had no time for reading but the two huge books I'm working on will start next year's challenge nicely!

      Delete
  9. I'm very much a start a new book on the first day of the new year kind of person. It bothers me far more than it should to have carry over books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what we can be like over things like tha isn't it!

      Delete