Friday, 21 December 2018

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
 This has been a week of stress. My digital TV box hasn't been working so I have no TV in my room at all until after Christmas at least which makes me mad. My sterio has decided not to play any of my cds now so that needs repairing or replaces and for the whole week my computer has been acting up. I'm not a happy bunny at the moment. Why does all this happen right before Christmas??? I would've broke my book ban had Amazon loaded this morning, I was so hacked off! I need to calm down by having a nice relaxed film night and maybe a bit of reading. That's the plan.

No books bought this week, none downloaded and I still can't find my ebook list so I can't add anything to my Goodreads total this week. I haven't really wanted to find it though so I didn't look too hard. I was also busy doing washing and ironing and cleaning the shower...ugh I HATE housework!!! Why can't I have a house elf??? Tonight I'm just having a pizza and saying to hell with the cooking tonight!

Chuckles Blogging World 
It has been a slog this week with a lot of time spent on irritating things and cleaning. I got to as many blog posts as I could and at least kept up with blog posts. I only found time for one book review and some mini reviews so I need to get some of those done this coming week.

Book Reviews 
My mini reviews were from Elias Zanbaka, GS Denning, Hunter Shea and Carolyn McCray.

Chuckles Mini Review Catchup

Carolyn McCray-Salechii

Regular Posts
 I went Around The Blogs looking for interesting blog posts by other bloggers. Cover Love looked at MR James, Top Ten Tuesday was my third part of Dangerous Winter Settings, Can't Wait Wednesday looked at Sherwood and Books From The Backlog was about Under A Graveyard Sky. 

Chuckles Cover Love

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Can't Wait Wednesday

Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
Tackling the TBR goes into its third week and progress is good enough. 4 books off the TBR this week and none added!

Tackling the TBR

Film & TV Reviews
I was watching the semi finals of Masterchef and the Darts when the TV digital box packed in and I've had two days of nothing to watch in my room. 

Special Posts 
The third week of Blogmas!

Blogmas #15 Best New Books By Favourite Authors

Blogmas #16 Best New Horror/Thriller Authors

Blogmas #17 Best New Authors Other Genres

Blogmas #18 Most Read Authors

 Blogmas #19 Best Covers for Art

Blogmas #20 Best Covers for Colour

Blogmas #21 Best Platonic Relationships

Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week

Currently Reading/Up Next  
 The three I chose to deal with this week were The Dark Net, which I DNFed, Illuminae, which I DNFed and The Beast of London which I really enjoyed. Today I'll be finishing Zodiac Station which has been a decent read so far. For the rest of the month I have no specific plan for reading but I'll see what mood takes me!

16 comments:

  1. Oh no! What a week and yes, it does all seem to happen around Christmas. Once I got my truck back, found out I had to do some routine maintenance which means I'm now calling it the "gold" truck. But what can I say, I guess you needs steering and brakes. I hopes that little gremlin causing all your electronics to go haywire gets booted out on its butt soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be without TV in my room right through Christmas and New Year which is so frustrating. I'm trying to get positive by thinking it might get me watching more films and doing more reading! I'm so hacked off right now! Add in that we had to get the hall fire fixed and a new heater for my room and it has been a frustrating few months!

      Delete
  2. I hate when everything breaks at once. Even worse when it happens right before Christmas. Hope you have a happy holiday anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right at the time when I can't get things fixed or repaired! I'm so frustrated at the moment!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry that everything seems to be breaking on you. Those things seem to happen in spells. I could get on board with this whole cleaning elf idea. Sign me up. Pizza nights are a must every once in a while :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza turned out to be very doughy and chewy and lacking in cheese! I'm gutted!!!

      Delete
  4. Pizza sounds like a good choice. :) And I'm sorry to hear about the TV/stereo/computer issues! I'd be pissed off as well. How aggravating!

    I hope Zodiac Station finished well for you. If I remember right I wanted a little more SF in that one (or maybe I'm thinking The Winter Over, since I read both fairly close together) but I do love a good antarctic thriller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zodiac Station was a good murder mystery but the ending went way stupid for my liking which dropped the star rating. I'm using it for my World Reads Arctic location.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! You know what they say... It comes in threes! With the laptop, the CD player and the digital box you should be good for a while!
    Fingers crossed you get it all sorted and have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right! I'm so frustrated but it looks like it'll be after New Year before I can get things sorted! Gah, it was all I needed! Still it means I have to read or watch films at night to pass the time now! Have a good Christmas too!

      Delete
  6. Sorry everything happened all at once. It seems like crap comes in threes. I'm almost afraid to do anything as most of the time the gremlins strike me at Christmas. Enjoy your movies and pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the pizza was poor! It just hasn't been my week! I was so tempted to blow my book ban and just spend!!!

      Delete
  7. Book bans always end with me having a bad day and really blowing it... :) I applaud you for not having given into the temptation yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to unleash next year! I mean, no I'll be RESTRAINED next year!

      Delete
  8. OMG, all this time I have been tweeting to @ChucklesBookCave and it's been @chucklesthescot ... I feel ... so .... dopey.... I am sorry. I have it right now.
    I am on a book ban too right now. I did get a few for christmas tho!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* Oh don't worry about it Mary! I'm rarely on Twitter anyway except Saturdays. Freebies never count for book bans!

      Delete