Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
When did it get to the end of the second week in December? It's been a busy week on the blog, getting all my Blogmas posts done, getting ahead in most of my regular weekly posts up to the start of February, and getting my challenge posts ready to put on the blog at the start of January. I've also been doing a pile of smoothies to store in the fridge, using the fresh fruit my dad got at the shops and I've got in fresh veg for homemade soup next week. I'm trying to get everything cleaned and tidied for a few days of no housework over Christmas so I can sloth out for a bit. December is a busy time for Chuckles and I don't even do Christmas!
I didn't buy any print books this week so the book ban is holding and no cheap ebooks either! No happy smiling Amazons boxes coming to me this month! I didn't get much reading done either but I read two books, one of those being a reread. Nothing to add from previous weeks as I've lost my ebook list and can't be bothered searching for it! This is just going to be a roundup post this week, rather than showing off my books.
Chuckles Blogging World
Busy week as I said. I love December for the reviewing the year posts, pie charts and stats, planning reading lists and upcoming challenges! I love it all!
Book Reviews
Matthew Reilly-Contest
Matthew Reilly-The Great Zoo Of China
Regular Posts
I went Around The Blogs as usual and found some good posts for you. Cover Love looked at Grace Hamilton, Top Ten Tuesday continued looking at Dangerous Winter settings, Can't Wait Wednesday was about Odyssey and Books From The Backlog featured Sisters of Treason.
Chuckles Cover Love
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Can't Wait Wednesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering looked at my upcoming book tasks and preparing for book challenges in 2019. Tackling the TBR looks at my progress this week.
Chuckles Chuntering
Tackling The TBR
Film & TV Reviews
I've been slothing around at night this week just catching up on a few things. The World Championship Darts started last night and I'll be watching that right through to the New Year!
Special Posts
This was the second week of Blogmas!
Blogmas Best Horror
Blogmas Best Sea Monster
Blogmas Best Creature Feature
Blogmas Best Books and Films
Blogmas Best SF/Dystopian
Blogmas Best Apocalypse
Blogmas Best Fantasy
Blogmas Reading Indie
12 Days of Frightmas
December Reads Update 2
Book Tags/Blog Awards
This Is My Genre Tag
Currently Reading/Up Next
Out of the three books I selected last week. I read two. One was a reread of Icebound and the other was a thriller called Sister Sister which was a decent read. I've started the Dark Net and will be looking at it tonight. I'll be tackling two more books I hope!




Congrats on sticking with your book buying ban! I don't know that I would do very good with it. December does seem to be extremely busy. Good for you for getting things in the freezer so you can take a break later. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThe ban will stop around the sales if I see something good on Boxing Day! But I do intend to buy less next year and look at limits rather than bans, which never work for more than a few weeks! I'm pretty organised at the moment on and off the blog but I'm still behind on reviews!
DeleteYeah December's been flying by but I seem to say that every month now. Crazy. Glad your book ban is holding! Sounds like your getting everything squared away to have a nice relaxing time! Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm pretty organised for January. If I could just get a pile of reviews written ready to use through the festive season that would be great! Have a good weekend Greg!
DeleteDecember is going way too fast. It’s already half over, and I haven’t accomplished anything! Congratulations on sticking to your book buying ban. Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm supposed to be chilling watching TV yet I'm still racing about getting posts done! I'm planning a couple of book purchases in early January as a well done for sticking to the book ban!
DeleteYou are an absolute blogging machine this month, chuckles!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on sticking to your book acquiring limit of zero. I couldn't exercise that much self control
Once I find that list of the ebooks not registered on Goodreads TBR, that will come to an end! I'm doing well with the blogging other than the book reviews!
DeleteI've been okay with my book spending. Buying mostly ebooks. I've also been blogging ahead and cleaning. I have some movies selected and a stack of books chosen for the week I have off:) I hope you enjoy Illuminae. I sure did.
ReplyDeleteDecember is so busy isn't it! I was cleaning the bathroom today, tomorrow there is washing, ironing, making soup and smoothies to look forward to! Sadly Illuminae wasn't my thing!
DeleteI can't wait to see what you think about Beast of London!
ReplyDeleteI was surprised to actually like it! Now I need to get the sequel!
DeleteI'm hoping to get a lot done before Christmas as well. We are hosting family and then I just want to READ.
ReplyDeleteThankfully it's just me and my dad so lots of quiet time to read and relax!
DeleteI have stopped buying books for the next few week maybe even into the new year. I want to get to some of the ones I pre-ordered and to my bookshelves. I need to read them during my break to get some of these under control. =)
ReplyDeleteMary
If something I really want on my wishlist is at an amazing bargain price in the festive sales I might consider it but otherwise the ban is on until January for me! Good luck!
Delete