Thursday, 27 December 2018

Chuckles Chuntering


Seasons Greetings! It was a quiet Christmas as it has been for the last few days. We basically had a special lunch and dinner then did pretty much nothing. Repeats all over the TV, no darts or cricket on and we couldn't even be bothered to watch a film! It'll be the same at New Year, which I detest. I hate the stupid fireworks and the New Year kisses! Ugh!

I'm not going to be doing any reading to the end of the year as all my blog and reading stats are completed so I don't want to mess up totals or read something great that I would've wanted on my Blogmas posts. The plan instead is to watch more TV, trying a few different shows, and getting books reviews written and posted before the end of the year. I'll be working on getting one review up each day of great books I read back in August, books I've featured heavily in my Blogmas best of posts. Hopefully with Blogmas coming to an end, I'll also have time to get more reviews done through January and try and get caught up! 

On the TV side of things, I've finally watched series one of Finding Bigfoot. I've always been fascinated by cryptids, Sasquatch and Bigfoot legends but a lot of the Tv series hunting them have been disappointing in content. I did actually enjoy watching this though the female in the group really annoys me with her constant 'don't believe' attitude-which makes you wonder why she works with a Bigfoot research group! The other thing I've started watching is series one of Top Chef Canada. I like the format and man, there are some really annoying idiots on it that I can have fun yelling at! They are fighting with each other and fighting with the judges-it's insane! I'm really enjoying it! I also watched The Meg just before Christmas and I really enjoyed the film. Lots of tension and shark action for a 12 rating! 

It's also nearly time to get those challenge posts going up! Look out for them on the first two days in January! Now I need to decide on a target for my Goodreads Challenge and I'm pretty much ready to go!

20 comments:

  1. Working on my challenges post for next week. Still trying to figure out what I will be committing to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm done-just raring to go and read now!

      Delete
  2. I don't really like this time of year and I'm not sad to see it go lol

    I still haven't been reading much but I'm going to attempt to put a post or two together today. We'll see how that goes.

    Enjoy your relaxing and TV watching!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when we hit January as I just hate the whole concept of New Year!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with getting reviews written! I haven’t hit my Goodreads goal yet, so I’m still going to be frantically reading at 11:59 on December 31.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got three posted in two days which is pretty good going really! I plan to get va couple done tomorrow and Sunday as well then a mad dash to get more done by the end of the year! Hope you get your Goodreads total, good luck!

      Delete
  4. I glad your Christmas was good. Mine was super busy. The 23 I made enough cookies to kill someone, the 24th I cooked for my brother and his GF that came over for dinner. The 25th both my brothers where here and all of us so it was a nice family event. I enjoyed it and it was good they were here. This was the first year without my sister. Happy New Year. I don't mind NY or the kisses. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you were able to have some good family time with your loved ones. My first Christmas without my mum was really tough so I can imagine how you were feeling missing your sister.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see your challenges. I need to get busy on mine. Hope you and Dad have a great New Year's and I'm sure you'll find something to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become addicted to Top Chef Canada and Finding Bigfoot! I'll be watching more of that tonight!

      Delete
  6. Ugh, the goodreads challenge... I've failed this years. The final total is still to come in but I think it'll be by about 14. :( I think my target for next year will be the same as this year and hopefully I'll reach it this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to decide what target to set for next year. The one year it looked like I was going to miss the target, I went and changed the total and made it smaller so I did win!

      Delete
  7. I don't do much for New Years usually, and this year looks to be no real exception- we're just gonna hang out! Which is nice. Maybe watch a few shows... I like Sasquatch stuff too, and agree. They're usually not that good so glad to hear you found a good one- I'll have to take a peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon there will be Sasquatch fun again tonight! New Year will be spent getting started on my first books of the year!

      Delete
  8. More power to you on writing those reviews! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to get a pile done! That'll show me I CAN get them written quicker than I've been doing!

      Delete
  9. I spent my four days off at Christmas getting all of my reviews written. It feels great! The only review that I need to write is a book that I finished today. I hope you enjoy your break from reading. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on being up to date with your reviews! I'm still writing my August backlog!

      Delete
  10. We are very low key holiday celebrators as well - especially when it comes to NYE. Good luck with your challenges! I'm only doing 1 - The Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge. I did it this year and got 8/12 which I'm calling a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every book read in a challenge is a win I reckon!

      Delete