Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet.
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
One Tier-1 Naval Special Warfare Operator, trained at the highest levels of any military, with 20+ years of operational experience. One ex-cop civilian survivalist, who lived through two years of post-Apocalyptic Hell, unlike 7 billion of her fellow humans. And an entire continent heaving with 400 million dead guys.
To save the lives of his children, and rejoin Alpha team and the fight to save humanity, Homer will have to journey across a thousand miles of undead North America with Sarah Cameron, battling heavily armed bands of marauders who shoot first and ask questions never, and ultimately face down the remains of the world's last surviving SEAL team - now led by a malevolent and piratical monster.
Welcome to the Zulu Alpha
This year my favourite zombie series ended-Arisen by Michael Stephen Fuchs. It follows the story of civilians, US military, UK military, scientists during the zombie apocalypse. It's an all action ride with great characters and even some humour and a little background romance that actually adds interest to the book. It takes place in the UK, USA, Middle East, Europe and Africa. It has everything for the zombie fan! Imagine my delight to discover that new companion novels are being released and this is the first one! As soon as the paperback is out next year I'll be grabbing it! Book One Fortress Britain is quite often available free on Amazon and by the time you read book two hopefully you'll be as hooked as I was!


Sounds cool and I love the idea of all the different locations.
ReplyDeleteIt was such an amazing series-I can't wait to read these companion novels!
Deleteohh a Z Apocalypse! I'm starting to get interested in those! I may read a few next year! Looking forward to this review :)
ReplyDeleteIf you want fast paced zombie action, ZA Recht's Morningstar Trilogy is a good place to go, along with this and NSS's Extinction series. These are my favourites!
DeleteI would not have figured this for a zombie story based on the cover! They really missed an opportunity to make it look as interesting as the blurb :D
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
There are 14 books in the series plus 2 prequels and now this is the first of three spinoff/companion novels. The series has a zombie cover for book one then each cover relates to something in the apocalypse world. This one fits the design of the other books so I'm pretty happy!
DeleteThis sounds interesting: the cover looks very action packed, so i am curious about the humour in it. I hope it’s a good read!
ReplyDeleteThere's a scientist/terrorist in the later books who can't seem to do anything right and he is just so funny!
DeleteLooking at the cover I wouldn't have thought zombies either. BUT it does sound like a good one.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I love this series! I need to read the last few books 12-14 but I'm saving them for a zombie week or something!
DeleteI haven't heard of this series before. I does sound like I would like it. I like how the UK and US military's are involved which is different.
ReplyDeleteMary
I'm always going on about how much I love this series-my favourite zombie series ever! The first book is the introduction to the characters and you can usually find it free on Amazon-Fortress Britain. By the time you get into book two the thrill ride really begins and it just doesn't stop!
Delete