Today's topic is Best Cried My Eyes Out but this topic isn't relevant to any book that I read this year so I'm going to look at the best short stories I read this year.
These are books connected to series by favourite authors. This book is book #1.5 in The Deathspeaker Codex by Sonya Bateman. I read and loved the first book and this 60 page story was really good. I hope to read the rest of this series next year if time allows. The other two are spin off books from The Iron Druid series.
The following books were the first short installments of mini series that I liked reading.
The following books were short stories by new to me authors that made me interested in reading on to the actual novels in the series!
These books were stand alone short stories that I liked!
Time to pick my favourite...I reckon it's a toss up between Money Back Guarantee and Dance of the Dead!
Did you read any good short stories and novellas this year?















Nice to see Atticus mentioned as well as so many Shea works. I'm enjoying your post on this. I hope to do a week-long one on Sunday's each week.
ReplyDeleteI figured doing the visuals with covers would be useful for everyone even if it is a bit more work for me! I'll look forward to your Sunday posts!
DeleteI feel like I am going to steal a few off topics of the topics from you. Like your post about non-fiction. I have a book that I want to yell about and under the topics for blogmas non-fiction isn't there so I might use it when I don't/can't post that days topic. I hope you don't mind.
ReplyDeleteI try not to read short stories anymore. I want the full story. LOL, I know it sounds weird but I really just don't want to read mini stories.
Mary
Of course you can use 'em! I'd originally been going to do just the topics I could manage but then I figured why not just add in some other genres I enjoyed! I'm looking forward to seeing all your posts this month!
DeleteI get what you mean about short stories. You can plogh through a lot of rubblish to get to the gems. I tend to go for prequels to series to see what the writing and characters are like or shorts in my favourite series. The reason there are so many this time is a clearout of the ereaders!
i think it's great to discover new authors/series based on short stories or novellas
ReplyDeleteIt can be a useful way to try some new authors for free!
DeleteGreat tweak of the theme!!! I love it :-)
ReplyDeleteI did read a lot of these this year so it's a good excuse to showcase them!
DeleteI don't normally read novellas, but the few I read this year were all really great. The Three Dark Crowns novellas actually contained some great information and didn't seem like outtakes, which has been my experience in the past.
ReplyDeleteNovellas can certainly be very hit and miss! I still have quite a lot lurking about the ereader that I'll deal with later this month or next year!
Delete