The topic for today is contemporary which I don't read so lets have a nice look at some non monster horror!
Camp Blaze is a classic Friday the 13th style tale of a killer taking down camp leaders but with a twist. It was brutal and entertaining. Also by that author was a story to put you right off going to one of those campsites by the woods! Endurance is about the hotel from hell that you can't escape from and all the weird people inside it. Final Destination 3 is the screenplay novel for the book which was actually very good. The two Wildlife books are about a family of rednecks in the swamp that like to torture and kill their enemies!
Picking a favourite out of these, I think I'd go with Endurance! I just love Jack Kilborn's work and I have a few of his to get to next year.








I don't know that I have read any Kilborn. I need to look for some. I bought Cannibal Creek after seeing it here.
ReplyDeleteAfraid and Trapped were both very good. He also writes under Konrath and I have a few horror and SF there to read. I've liked Jon Athan so far!
DeleteEndurance sounds like the song "Hotel California" :) and "there is no escaping hell" just something I love :)
ReplyDeleteYou really don't want to go into that hotel for sure! I've loved the three books of his I've read so far and Draculas that he co-wrote. More from him next year!
DeleteI love Jack Kilborn books and wonder why I haven't read more of his stories. I believe all of them were 4-5 stars. I will have to get working on more of them. Great picks and who doesn't love horror. Those squeamish inside. lol
ReplyDeleteMary
I need to catch up with his work next year. I've given everything I've read of his 5 star so far so I'm looking forward to the rest!
DeleteI am shivering only LOOKING at your post ! So chicken LOL Thanks for playing along despite the topics not always fitting your reading genre! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI always do genre round ups each year but when Mary mentioned Blogmas I thought it would be fun to join in where I could. I feel like I'm changing too much of it though!
DeleteI didn't read nearly as much horror as I would have liked this year, must change that for 2019!
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
I read quite a bit of horror but neglected the other genres that I wanted to read! I'm hoping to mix it up a bit more next year!
DeleteWoah, these look awesome!!! I'm super intrigued by Camp Blaze!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed that book!
DeleteJack Kilborn punches you in the gut. I love his books. And I'm going to go check out Jeff's books right now!
ReplyDeleteThese Jeff Menapace books were really good and I've got more of his stuff to get to next year which is going to be exciting!
DeleteNo surprise that I haven't heard or read any of these! 😆
ReplyDeleteI love how you're tailoring this to fit with your reading preferences. Too often I don't take part in things if they're not 100% suited to me but I think in future I'll just take a page out of your book and wing it when things don't fit!
I read a lot of Indie and self published authors so a lot of my reads are lesser known which is part of the fun! Yeah I was going to just miss out days but I always do my own review of the review and decided to just combine the two. Adapting it has been fun!
DeleteI don't know if I've read any Kilborn, but his name does sound familiar. I will be checking in that. :-)
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I've read three of his plus the one he co-wrote with Crouch, Strand and Wilson. I'm hoping I enjoy his other stuff as much!
Delete