Friday, 21 December 2018

Blogmas #21-Best Platonic Relationships 2018


I don't do this book hangover thing at all and it doesn't personally exist for me. I'm going to steal a recent topic from Top Ten Tuesday and look at the best platonic relationships in my books this year. These are in no particular order.

1) Kitty and Rick
Kitty and Rick become friends when Rick is plotting to become Master Vampire of Denver and wants Kitty to take over the werewolf pack. I love their friendship.
 

2) Gavyn and Ian
Gavyn is a useless thief and unlucky in life until he gains a djinn protecttor. I love the snark and humour that grows into a real friendship between them.
 

3) Atticus and Oberon
Atticus the Druid and his faithful hound Oberon can communicate by mind and share a lot of laughs in this book series. I love these guys!
 

4) Greta and Ruthven, Fass, Varney and August
Greta is a doctor for the monsters and her best friends are vampires and demons. I loved the whole group dynamic that was going on in this book!
 

5) Murderbot and ART
Murderbot is trained to obey humans and kill for them but all it wants to do is watch it's favourite show Sanctuary Moon and deal with it's social anxieties. The relationship it forms with Asshole Research Transport is very funny!
 

6) Stormchaser and Reban Don
There are interesting moments between the two in the first book and I love how it all develops in the second book! 
 

7) Stephen and Selexin
Thrown together in the contest, these two unlikely friends need to work together to stay alive and save Stephen's daughter. 

 
8) Dillon and Quax
Dillon is the son of the owner of the underwater Shark Park and his best friend Quax is a robot working there who has a fear of sharks. Their friendship is brilliant!










8 comments:

  1. I love a good friendship story, and it looks like you read books with some great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murderbot and ART - the best buddy book of the year, lol!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atticus and Oberon and Murderbot and ART are my two favorites that you featured here. I don't know which pair I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read a good friendship in books and if the are funny, it is the best. I have the first in the series for The Iron Druid. Most of these I want to read who am I kidding. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many books and too little time! It makes me wish I was a vampire...

      Delete