Saturday, 29 October 2016

Stacking the Shelves #153


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!

It's been another good reading week, getting more of my October goals read-I'll be posting my October review in a couple of days and then getting started on my November goals. I'm pleased to have finally found a balance to read, watch films AND catch up with a TV series. I feel as if October was successful even though I lost over a week to that virus. So, pretty happy with how things are going at the moment!

I made sure I grabbed a few things in the current Amazon sales-books and box sets. Now to let the bank balance recover a little as Black Friday gets closer! I'm hoping a few series I've bought will have the nweer series reduced in price to be grabbed!  

DOWNLOADS:





PAPERBACKS:




16 comments:

  1. Dan Brown! I never read any of these books (though I really want to) but I love the movies with Tom Hanks. I can't wait to see Inferno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only Dan Brown book I've read was the Da Vinci Code and I loved it. I think I started Angels and Demons but never finished it but I love both films and I'm looking forward to seeing Inferno!

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't read Inferno by Dan Brown... I've read his other books and quite enjoyed those, though :)
    I'm glad you've met your October goals, even if it didn't really look like you would. Way to go, Chuckles!
    Have a great weekend, a wonderful week ahead and happy reading and binge-watching ;)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting my October review today and working out my November goals next! I'm just pleased to be getting some stuff done after the horrible summer slump!You have a good week too!

      Delete
  3. I read Dan Brown's first two books, but haven't gotten around to Inferno yet. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Da Vinci code as a book but still have the others to read. I also read Deception point years back and liked it.

      Delete
  4. Glad you've found your rhythm. I really want to read Future Shock. I think the next one is already out... or is this the next one? I may do some Black Friday shopping- from my home. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Future Shock is the first one I think. It sounds quite good and I haven't read a time travel book in ages. I have plans for plenty November purchases!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear things are going well and you found a good balance between reading and watching. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been a good month overall! I hope I can keep it up over the winter period and make a big dent in all the films, dvds and books I want to deal with!

      Delete
  6. I had to grab hard Time. Sounded so me. LOL I might check out a few of your other books too.


    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dinosaur themed books! Viktor Zarkov's Jurassic Island was a decent read and I loved Rick Jones 'The Valley'. Some of them are a bit poor but its fun to locate the good ones!

      Delete
  7. Ooh, enjoy the Dan Brown books -- I know his writing style isn't much thought of, but I did have fun reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Deception Point and The Da Vinci Code. He seems like a decent storyteller so I don't need much more than that!

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried the Dan Brown novels I confess. I hope you'll enjoy your new books. happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have soooo many great sounding books I want to get to this month...I don't know where to start!

      Delete