Monday, 24 October 2016

Chuckles Childhood Book Loves



I'm sticking with the theme of talking about my primary school reads. In my last post I talked about the Ladybird books that I enjoyed so much, featuring classic tales from around the world. Today it is time to talk about my all-time favourite children's book and the only one that I ever kept. 


I loved this book from the first time I saw it. It tells of a group of bear cubs who hear a strange noise outside and go to investigate it. The bears are very cute and I love their expressions as they venture out in the dark! 






I still look at and enjoy this book. I also have a whole pile of books featuring a family of bears by the same author, focusing on Brother and Sister Bear as they learn life lessons. But this one is still my favourite. I do recommend The Berenstain Bears books and these are a few of my favourites.


8 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Berenstain Bears growing up. I always found the books so adorable. Of course, I was an animal lover even back then so the fact that I could find books where animals were the main characters was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the facial expressions of the bears when they are angry or getting up to mischief, and when Papa Bear does something stupid!

      Delete
  2. The only book I really remember from my childhood was The Monster at the End of this Book (Starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover). It was one of the first books I picked up for my own son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent every school holiday at the library or reading what I grabbed from the last visit! I'm glad I've got that love of books back! Wish I'd kept more of these nostalgia books!

      Delete
  3. I have a large stack of books I loved as a young girl and I still revisit them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I still had some of them! I had to part with a lot of things as I needed space for new books which is exciting and sad at the same time!

      Delete
  4. Awww. I never came across this one! My favourite was There's a Hippopotamus On Our Roof Eating Cake, and I recently discovered there were others featuring the same hippo. I had to get them, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things just have to be done Nikki! I still pick up the occasional Bears book especially to make up orders on Amazon to get free postage!

      Delete