Saturday, 8 October 2016

Stacking the Shelves #150


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
    
Yes I'm finally back, fighting fit and ready for the start of a productive winter season! I've set reading and viewing goals which I'll set out in my next post tomorrow to give you an idea of what I'm planning for the month ahead. This winter needs to be full of books, dvds and TV series which I must catch up on! 

As most of you know, I've been confined to my bed sick for the best part of 10 days which has not been great but I think maybe my body needed a viral clearout to reset myself. I do feel rested and ready to go. Thank you everyone who left a lovely comment on the posts! The last two days I've actually been catching up with email, blog messages and bloglovin posts but now I'm up to date and ready to resume my blogging as normal. Yea! Not many physical books-most were pre-orders arriving which was nice but a couple of bargains as well. A few downloads from before I got sick makes it a nice little haul to come back online to!

DOWNLOADS:



PAPERBACKS:





24 comments:

  1. I love how varied your stack is this week, Chuckles!! Polar Yeti made me look twice, as did Lost Soul, and I still haven't managed to read an Estep novel. I hope you'll enjoy all your new books!
    I'm glad you're feeling rested and ready to take on autumn and winter!
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for new UF and Lost Soul caught my eye so I grabbed the first three books on impulse! Polar Yeti just sounds like my kind of thing along with more dinosaurs. Now I just need to read them all...

      Delete
  2. Lovely haul! I'm glad that you're feeling better! :-) Hope you love these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds crazy but I think I needed that virus to reboot me! I don't feel tired like I have for weeks and I'm sleeping better. Just need to get my reading mojo back!

      Delete
  3. The Queen's Man sounds like something I would enjoy. And Otherworld Chills too. I love Kelley Armstrong! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got four books in the series for £2 in a charity shop so I figured I might as well give them a try! I'm a bit gutted that this is the last Otherworld anthology by Kelley Armstrong though. I'll miss the Pack! *sniffs*

      Delete
  4. I need to read the second book in the Estep series and it's been a while... plus I have it. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first one as well but really enjoyed it and I must catch up on that and a ton of other series I'm behind on!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I need to try reading some of Sharon Penman's work -- I think I've got that book. Somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the covers and I haven't read any fiction from this historical period so I thought I'd give it a go!

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you are faring better. I've been out of the loop due to busy off-line life. But getting back into the blog as well. Cute cover for My Lady Jane. I have that one to in my reading pile as well. It is sure to have lots of laughs. And I want to see that new illustrated version of HP. Might be fun for re-reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Lady Jane does sound fun doesn't it? I'm looking forward to reading it. It's taking a bit of time to catch up with the blog after the break but we'll both get there in time!

      Delete
  7. You always have some amazing books this week. Such a great variety. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited by some of these titles! Now I just need to find the time and motivation to get reading again!

      Delete
  8. I plan on having my husband get me him Harry Potter book for Christmas. He's always wanting ideas. I miss Armstrong's pack as well. Clay and Elena are my faves. Can't help but love the cover of the Yeti book. Me and the pups are so glad you're feeling better. Oh and Cases treed a car last week. I told him you'll be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Cass! You sort those moggies out!!! Auntie Chuckles is indeed very proud! I'm sounding like a nutter again aren't I...oh well! I will embrace my dark side...

      Delete
  9. I am so glad that you are feeling better. Being sick is just no fun. Great haul this week. I really want to read the Estep series sometime soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that's my sickness for the winter over with! I'm going to be too busy to be sick over the next few months with reading, films and TV!

      Delete
  10. That sounds nice, a winter filled with books and tv shows. I am glad to hear you finally feeling better and feel rested. Looks like you got some nice new books. otherworld Chills is on my wishlist, although I still haven't read the last two short story collections. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds nice doesn't it? I hope to get a ton of stuff done over this winter period and I seem to have got off to a good start, reading two books this week. It is a relief to be reading again!

      Delete
  11. Jurassic Dead and K-Rex both look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grabbed a few more dinosaur themed books for my next STS which sound interesting!

      Delete
  12. Wow, that was one doozy of a cold. Glad you are feeling much better and about again. Here's to a cozy season of loads of books coming up! :D Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get a lot of things done over the next few months! I'm pretty much behind on everything entertainment related!

      Delete