Autumn at last and I can really feel the change in temperature in the air. That means it is time for my readathon, filmathon and TVthon! My mission is each month from now to March to set targets for books/series I need to read, TV series to catch up on and films I must get watched. At the end of each month I'll do a review post on my overall success or failure.
As I had to start a bit late I'll be conservative with my first set of plans! Do you have any October goals?
BOOKS:
Viktor Zarkov-Jurassic Island
CM Wright-Dying to Live
Catt Dahman-Extinction Island
JE Gurley-Intulo
Steven Bird-Last Layover
Nicholas S Smith-Extinction Horizon
BOOK SERIES TO COMPLETE:
Remy Chandler series by Thomas E Sniegoski
FILMS:
Everest
The Program
The Imitation Game
The Special Relationship
TV SERIES:
The Great British Bake Off series 1
The Great British Bake Off series 2
Game of Thrones series 1

Sounds like a great plan. I'm interested to see what you think of the Game of Thrones series. Also, I'm looking forward to your Remy Chandler reviews because you recommended that series to me :) Everest was a pretty good movie and I wasn't sure I would like it at all!
ReplyDeleteFinally I got half a book read yesterday-the Steven Bird one-which I plan to finish today. I liked the first Remy Chandler book (I love the dog!) and hope to get at least a few of the others read before the month is out. If it goes REALLY well I might catch up on the whole series.
DeleteI must be the last person on the planet to watch GOT! I'm looking forward to Everest as I love the book genre and have read about 20 books based on that disaster.
We didn't start watching GOT until the 3rd season and then we binged all three. Now we watch weekly when it's on. I like finding series after the fact sometimes because it gives you a lot to watch at once!
DeleteI usually follow a series well after everyone else has seen it as I can grab the dvd box sets cheaper! You're right, it is fun to binge watch something!
DeleteI forget, did you/do you watch the Sewing Bee, too? Me and my wife just marathoned it a couple of months ago, and now we're bereft!
ReplyDeleteNo I don't watch Sewing Bee...haven't actually heard of it! I'm not sure why I love things like Bake Off or Masterchef as I don't cook much! I love the drama of watching them create under pressure!
DeleteYou have a great lineup! I'm hoping to get a few reads in that need to be reviewed, and re-read a story I wrote that needs lots of re-writing done to it so I can plan away on it and the next story. :) I also have a content editing job coming in. So...I guess a lot of reading between college visits with kiddo. :D Big month!
ReplyDeleteMy list is way under what I hope to get through but I figured I better aim low to see if this could motivate me...and it worked! I've finished two books and Bake Off series 1 so far! Back on track!
Delete