Saturday, 15 October 2016

Stacking the Shelves #151


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
     
This has been a much better week! I've been getting some good reading done, I've watched a couple of TV series and this weekend I hope to look at a couple of films. I feel like I am getting back to some kind of normal! Well, as normal as Chuckles can ever get...On the buying side of things I got a few paperbacks and some cheap dvd box sets, and I trolled around to find some nice free and cheap ebooks! 

We're still trying to tidy up after the chaos of the DIY recently and to top it all off we have a mouse invasion in the house! Now I'm not scared of them thankfully, but I do want them out the house for hygiene reasons so we're using humane traps that catch but do not kill, so they can be safely released. The little blighters are crafty though and my dad is taking it like a personal war to outwit them! They seem to really enjoy pizza crust!

DOWNLOADS:





PAPERBACKS:







24 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new books! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/10/stacking-shelves-101516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popping over now to say hello! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your week was much better, Chuckles! It's nice to feel back on track, right? Your new books look great, and I hope you'll enjoy them all.
    I'm not afraid of mice, either, but I wouldn't want them in my house... I hope you'll get rid of them quickly!
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a relief to be back in the reading groove and I hope I can keep it up over the winter! I don't know where the mice are getting in but they are driving me barmy!

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear that you are feeling like yourself again. Sorry to hear about the mice moving in. I am not scared of them either but I don't want one as a roommate. I am sure that you and your dad will evict them soon.

    Enjoy all of your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unwanted houseguests for sure! They are cute so I'd never harm them but they need to be evicted!

      Delete
    2. Eeeek, mice! Hope you get rid of them soon. The best thing I found against them when I was in uni was to transfer kitchen goods from cardboard boxes into sealed plastic ones, especially for cereal boxes and such.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I'm pretty good at keeping stuff sealed and off the floor but my dad drops his crisp packets and stuff EVERYWHERE and never picks things up! That's why he has the job of chief mouser!

      Delete
  4. Aww sorry to hear about the mouse invasion. I'm glad you are using humane traps tho, because I'm a big softy. LOL! I definitely wouldn't want them moving in either, even tho I used to have a couple rats as pets. lol Also, glad to hear that you were able to get some good reading done. I was doing good for a while but I feel like I've slowed down again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when my reading slumps and recovers like that. It's so frustrating isn't it! Oh I couldn't kill the poor wee mice...I'm a big softy too!

      Delete
  5. I am liking the dinosaur theme - there's been a few you've shared the past few weeks that are on my list next time I get an Amazon gift card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that a few of them turn out to be good! There are not enough dinosaur horrors out there! Luckily I save my money most of the year to give me a splurge pile for the autumn sales!

      Delete
  6. You got some great books this week. I hope you love all of your new books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so...I'm pretty keen on the sound of the UF selections and you know I just love dinosaurs! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  7. Nice haul! Banshee Hunt sounds like something I might love. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking at that book for Kindle for weeks now and I finally cracked. It's a little more than I usually spend but I decided to have a treat!

      Delete
  8. I hate mice. I'm not afraid of them but they are pains in the butt. Road to Hell looks pretty interesting as does the Dino one. Glad you are getting your rhythm back. Booker T and Cases say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sick of hearing them scratching around and trying to chew their way out of the plastic traps. It's frustrating. I need a holiday or a book splurge or something!

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear this week was better. I am not afraid of mouses either, but I understand why you rather not have them in your house. I think it's great you're using humane traps and they can get released again. Enjoy your new reads and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't hurt a cute furry wee mouse! The reading is going well so I hope I get another good reading week!

      Delete
  10. So glad to hear the week was better for you. And did you change the background? I really like it. lol. Hope you enjoy the amazing looking new reads and have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the background and profile pic are from Pixabay. Getting rid of all the stuff that might be copyrighted meant changing everything and saying goodbye to Count Von Count which was pretty sad! *sniffs* I do like the new library picture on my background though!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for checking out my Sept pick-ups. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you but it's been crazy busy around here with the move and all. You got some books with pretty interesting covers during this haul. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete