Saturday, 26 August 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup



Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
This was my second week of Deep Blue Terror, where I have tried to look at films and books about sharks and nasty things living in water. I read the three planned books this week but my focus appears to be shifting onto next month's theme so not sure how productive the end of this month will be! I watched The Reef (great!) Open Water 1 & 2 (dull with dreadful characters) and Jurassic Shark (really bad!) Still, the books made up for it! I read J Kent Messum's 'Bait', Chris Jameson's 'Shark Island' and two Kraken stories by Eric S Brown. I'd recommend all of them and reviews will come next month! I didn't watch anything last night and got some more shark reading in. Hope to fit in more this week.

Book buying stepped up this week with the recent release of four apocalypse books coming out in paperback in series I've already started buying so I just had to get them y'know? I now have one entire shelf just for Darrell Maloney's apocalypse books! I plan to read them all this winter! The other new ones are by Grace Hamilton, Chris Pike and GR Carter. I did download a few new things too. Need to get back onto my sampling next weekend with my shark stuff coming to an end!  I have samples of a few apocalypse books ready to go!

DOWNLOADS:



PAPERBACKS:





Chuckles Blogging World: 
My blogging was a bit more organised this week and I have got to a few more blogs but still not as much as I'd like. Please bear with me and I'll try to stop by more often. Sometimes I lurk and read blogs but don't always leave a comment if I have nothing sensible to say! As always, a link is provided for each blog post from last week to take you straight to anything you missed.
Comments are moderated so it might take a day or two to see it on the blog! Check out my Next Week section to see what is coming next at the Book Cave...

Book Reviews: 
 With all the shark films I've been reviewing, my blog has been kind of full of film reviews rather than book reviews but I do have lots of good books to tell you about in the coming weeks. I just need to get on with piosting them! They will be reviews from June-August but probably not in any real order. I'm hoping to mix it up so that there are horror, UF, monsters and apocalypses each week where possible rather than just focusing on one genre.

Dan Hodges-One Minute To Ten

Mike Kraus-Prip'Yat The Beast of Chernobyl

Joe Pike-Project Fear

Regular Features:

This week on Cover Love I featured Louisa Klein, I brought you the best of the bloggyverse in Around The Blogs With Chuckles. Top Ten Tuesday continued with required reading at school books, Can't Wait Wednesday I featured The Law of Retaliation. No Chuckles Goes Sampling this week as I had no samples to fit my current Deep Blue Terror theme.

Chuckles Cover Love-Louisa Klein

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday-Required Reading At School

Can't Wait Wednesday-The Law of Retaliation

Discussion Posts: 

Chuckles Chat this week looked at TV We Loved As Teenagers/Adults, while my Game of Thrones Gossip looked at Sandor Clegane! I also reviewed episode six of my Game of Thrones Season 7 analysis and posted a discussion on who should marry who in Westeros.

Chuckles Chat-Favourite Things to Watch As Teenagers/Adults

Game of Thrones Review-Season 7 Episode 6

Game of Thrones Gossip-Sandor Clegane

Game of Thrones-The Game of Weddings

Film Reviews:
Finally I am getting time and motivation to sit down and get some films watched! My Deep Blue Terror viewing so far has been all about the sharks and alligators. Have you seen the films? Stop by and share your thoughts!

Avalanche Sharks

Dino Shark

The Shallows

Ice Sharks

The Reef

Sharktopus

Special Features: 

The Many Trials of Sloth Chuckles

Book Tags: 
none this week

Book Challenge Updates:

My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 170/250.

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 821. *grimaces* I hope the sampling for the second half of the year instead of impulse buying helps. My total went up as I bought a fewbooks in series I'm following and a few horror downloads for Horror Month in October. Not greatly happy with myself for my total going up!

Currently Reading/Next Up:  
I read the three books I planned to read-Bait, Shark Island and The Last Colossus. I liked the first two but was disappointed by the dreadful characters in the third. The other two I would love to see as films! These are what I plan to read next: 



Next Week On The Blog? 
Chuckles Cover Love features Amber Garr, Top Ten Tuesday features Top Ten Hidden Apocalypse Gems, Can't Wait Wednesday features a very long awaited book, Game of Thrones Gossip features Samwell Tarly, Chuckles Chat looks at Author Newsletters. There will also be a Game of Thrones special post on S7 Ep 7 to enjoy, and some more blog posts I've enjoyed this week on my travels online! I'm hoping to have film and book reviews and a book tag!

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 

 

24 comments:

  1. You've been busy this week! And I totally know the feeling of NEEDING a book no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to make that book grab for personal therapy reasons or some other excuse...

      Delete
  2. Gulp. Well you know how I feel about sharks, lol ;)

    Hope you continue to enjoy your books, and I'm glad you bought some new ones!
    Have a great week ahead, Chuckles :) I just might check out your upcoming shark film reviews if I'm feeling brave enough...

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few more shark scares still to come I'm afraid! I'm hoping to finish watching everything on the list even if it takes a few more weekends. The book reading needs to stop on the 31st so I can move on to some apocalypse fun!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good haul, as ever! I'll be interested to see what you think of Clean Sweep -- Ilona Andrews is my popcorn reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me until next year to start reading it! Gah, so many books awaiting my attention!

      Delete
  4. I’m glad you’re (mostly) enjoying your shark month! Have a great weekend!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there would be some really bad ones in amongst them but a few have been really good which makes up for it. Watched a few croc films too...

      Delete
  5. Ronald Malfi is an author I really need to start reading. I'm hoping to read Bone White in the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of his books sound kind of interesting so hopefully I'll like them!

      Delete
  6. Busy busy!! And more sharks!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I am enjoying my sharks! I plan to keep watching each weekend until I exhaust my list!

      Delete
  7. I've been loving your shark movie reviews! They're making me want to look them all up and do a marathon. I am happy to see you got more shark/creature book reviews coming too!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is sea beasts and zombie sharks for my next two reads so that should be interesting! Quite a few shark and croc reviews still to come...

      Delete
  8. Oh my The Dying Time:Impact looks alarming- watch out Earth!! The Dead of Winter looks good too. Have been enjoying all the shark reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew sharks were so popular! I still have about 15 on my list to watch so I'll try to watch them all. Next weekend will be Sharknado time!

      Delete
  9. I grabbed Sawfish. It kept popping up as a recommendation on Amazon when I was browsing. LOL Had a lot of fun with your posts this week. We've seen so many of the same movies and read a lot of the same books! Another waiting in my cart is Red Swarm. You are bad for my book budget. LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Sawfish last night-decent book. Certainly a mad scientist for sure! It was fun to read about deadly sawfish for a change. Yes, I'm corrupting as many people as I can...!

      Delete
  10. Enjoy your new books! I loved Clean Sweep but am very curious to see what you will think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be probably next year before I get to Clean Sweep as I'll be tackling themes and series catchups the rest of this year!

      Delete
  11. The Narrows looks and sounds pretty good. I own Clean Sweep but don't know when I'll get to it. For some reason, the cover of Saw Fish is giving me the giggles...maybe because it's Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to find something fun about Monday mornings!

      Delete
  12. I am loving your water adventures!
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit overall it has been fun! Three more days on these books and then it's apocalypse time but I will continue with the water adventures until I run out of films!

      Delete