Welcome to my Game of Thrones reviews posts which are an episode by episode guide of season 7. The entire post will be nothing but spoilers so don't read it if you intend to watch it! The format will be done as a house by house analysis, not a minute by minute report.


Dany, Jorah, Missandei, Jon, Davos, The Hound, Tyrion, Varys and Theon arrive at King's Landing and start making their way to the Dragon Pit for the meeting. Bronn approaches with a small Lannister escort and he has Brienne and Pod with him, as they arrived early. Pod is happy to see Tyrion alive and he greets Pod warmly. Brienne walks with The Hound, saying she thought he was dead and she is regretful about hurting him, saying she was trying to look after Arya. The Hound says he was doing the same thing and is happy to hear that she is alive at Winterfell, though he worries that with Brienne gone, she is unprotected. He indicates that he won't get in Brienne's way again and they share a slight smile. Tyrion makes an offer to Bronn to defect but Bronn cheerfully points out that he is delivering traitors to Cersei so he is protected, which amuses Tyrion.
The Targaryen party enter the arena, nervously, leaving the wight secured in a cart outside.Cersei's group enter the arena and Bronn asks Pod to join him for a drink while the others talk. Brienne nods her agreement and Pod leaves. The Hound tells Tyrion that all bad ideas are created by Lannisters and Tyrion says they are carried out by Cleganes. The Hound approaches his brother and notes that The Mountain is uglier now. He asks what they have done to him and then retreats to get the wight. Cersei asks Tyrion where Dany is and seconds later she arrives on Drogon. Euron threatens to kill Yara if Theon doesn't submit to him and then insults Tyrion's stature. Tyrion thinks that Euron is bad at jokes, while Jaime and Cersei tell him to sit down. The Hound releases the wight and the Lannister side recoil in horror at it charging towards them. Jon demonstrates how to kill it with fire or dragonglass, while Qyburn is fascinated. Dany tells Cersei that she never believed it until she saw the actual army. Jaime asks their number and is shocked to hear that there could be over a hundred thousand. After hearing that they can't swim, Euron announces that he is terrified of these things, taking his fleet back to the Iron Islands and advises Dany to return to Dragonstone. Cersei agrees to a truce if Jon goes home and remains neutral but he refuses and Cersei leaves. Brienne begs Jaime to make Cersei listen while Tyrion decides to talk to his sister alone. Jorah thinks Dany should fly to Winterfell but she thinks it would be better to go by ship with Jon to show she is an ally of the North.
Jaime is afraid for Tyrion as he goes in to see her and she wastes little time blaming him for the deaths of Tywin, Myrcella and Tommen. Tyrion tries to tell her that he loved the children and killed his father for trying to have him killed. Finally, Tyrion goads her to kill him but when it comes to giving that order she can't say the words. He realises that she is pregnant. He brings her back to the arena where she refuses to stand down her forces and will instead send them north to fight the White Walkers. Cersei calls her banners.
Jaime prepares the army for the trip north until Cersei tells him how stupid he was to believe they would ally with the enemy. She tells him that Euron has sailed for Essos to bring the Golden Company to Westeros to take back their lands from Dany, paid for by the Iron Bank. Jaime insists that he promised to fight the dead and she calls him a traitor to side with Tyrion, saying she'll kill him if he defies her. Jaime declares he is leaving, to her fury.
Sansa has received word at last from Jon saying he has bent the knee to ally with Dany and she can hardly believe it. Littlefinger says Dany is attractive to Jon and an alliance will make them hard to beat. He points out that Jon was named King in the North and that he can also be un-named. Sansa says Arya as a Faceless Man would not allow that to happen and he deftly leads Sansa into considering that Arya wants to kill her for wedding Ramsay and betraying her family, and be Lady of Winterfell. Theon seeks forgiveness from Jon who tells him that he is as much Stark as Greyjoy because Ned was his real father. Jon forgives him for what he can give forgiveness for. Theon says Yara was the only one who tried to save him from the Boltons and she needs him now so Jon says stop talking then. His men watch as their leader refuses to save Yara, saying they'll reave an island and get away from the dead. Theon challenges him and refuses to back down during the fight, winning and rallying the troops to his side.
Sansa summons Arya to the Great Hall where the knights are gathered and Littlefinger is smirking on the sidelines. After a brief conversation about honour, Arya tells her to get on with it. Sansa announces the charges are murder and treason. 'How do you answer these charges... Lord Baelish?' Littlefinger is shocked to realise that the sisters have played him beautifully. Sansa charges that he killed Lysa, persuaded her to kill her husband Jon, sent the letter to Catelyn blaming the Lannisters which started the war and betraying Ned. He denies it but Bran has seen what he did to Ned. Littlefinger orders Royce to help him but Royce refuses. Sansa orders Arya to kill him and she does.
Sam arrives at Westeros and meets with Bran who tells him Jon is returning to Winterfell after bending the knee, and is bringing Dany. Bran tells Sam that Jon is the bastard son of Lyanna and Rhaegar but Sam remembers what Gilly said and tells him about the wedding. They both realise that Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne. It is too late to stop Dany sleeping with Jon on the boat north while Tyrion looks on with concern.
Tormund and Beric watch as the Army of the Dead exit the woods at Eastwatch, and they see the undead dragon blow blue flames onto the Wall, causing part of it to collapse, allowing the enemy through.
My Thoughts:
Littlefinger finally gets what was coming to him, outsmarted by the Stark sisters. I loved how that scene played out and the look on his face when he realised he was on trial, not Arya! Loved how Bran told of what happened to Ned at last. Great stuff and karma that Tyrion has been cleared of trying to kill Bran too.Arya dispatched him exactly the way that an assassin would. Brienne and The Hound would be so proud!
Best moments are surrounding the big meeting. The Hound bonding with Brienne over not getting in Arya's could pave the way for a Winterfell reunion next season. Bronn is being Bronn, which always amuses. Pod is finally reunited with Tyrion, and we see a nice moment of pity on The Hound as he sees what the Lannisters have done to his brother, before saying he will kill him later. I loved the hateful looks that Cersei was shooting Brienne every time she looked at or spoke to Jaime. Heh, jealous much bitch??!!! The Hound telling the Lannister man where to go in his own unique style! Jon of course has be more Ned Stark than Ned himself with his honour taking priority to lying to Cersei. I admit I was amused by that and everyone's horror at him stuffing things up. Watch out also for the great facial expressions from Varys through the meeting. And of course the wight springing at Cersei was great!
Sam WAS listening to Gilly after all. Hurrah! A meeting of the minds between Sam and Bran was revealing as we finally get to hear what Lyanna said to Ned on her deathbed and the word is out at last about Jon! About time! I liked that little moment when Sam thinks Bran has seen Jon returning in a vision and Bran just lifts up the letter from Jon. Theon finds his backbone and sets about rescuing Yara. Looks like Iron Born are as loyal as the darn Northmen to Jon! One minute they cheer the guy who has said stuff Yara, we're reaving again, next they chant for Yara as Theon Wins!
I enjoyed the scenes with Jaime and Bronn on the city battlements as dothraki and Unsullied gather outside King's Landing. I've seen a few people questioning where they are but if you watch the opening scene you can see the Red Keep up on the hill overlooking the sea after we pan off the Unsullied. Besides that is where Bronn and Jaime are, ready for the big meeting. Also puzzled that people are questioning how Unsullied escaped Casterly Rock through the Lannister forces. Umm, the Unsullied killed all the Lannisters at CR while the main Lannister force surrounded Highgarden and Olenna Tyrell watched from above. These were the troops Dany killed with Drogon when the Tarlys died. So there was nobody to stop them marching across to King's Landing!
We always knew that Cersei couldn't be trusted to do anything for the greater good so why is Tyrion buying her crap? Anyway, Jaime seeing the wight for himself makes his put everything aside, including Cersei to do his duty and fight the dead. For one dreadful moment I thought she was going to kill Jaime but he calls her bluff and leaves to go north. AT LAST!!! We've been waiting for this moment for ages! The question is, where is Bronn? Hope he will follow and they will all base themselves at Winterfell.
Arrgghh! The Wall is down. I'm so much hoping that Tormund is ok. Don't really want to see Beric die like that either. We need them next season, which is AGES away!
Niggles:
What has happened to Ellaria and her daughter???
Can't we see something of Yara being held somewhere?
Has everyone forgotten poor Edmure, imprisoned in a Frey dungeon???
Is somebody feeding poor Ghost???
Where exactly is Theon taking his troops when he doesn't know where she is?
Where the fug is Gendry???












First I must say...poor Gendry. All that running to get help and we don't see him again. Guess he's still recovering. The scene between Jon and Dany freaked me out. I mean, there are pretty closely related - but not as close as Cersei and Jamie I guess. Also, wonder how Dany will handle knowing Jon is the rightful heir. That could be a real relationship killer. I bet she won't bend the knee to him when she finds out. I LOVE Brienne and Jamie and if Jamie has to die, I hope it's in Brienne's arms. Although I'm happy having her with Tormund too. I don't understand Tyrion looking on as Jon entered Dany's room. Kind of confused on that one. It was nice to see Theon step up and man up. Hopefully he can rescue Yara! Finally, Sansa finally redeemed herself. Arya never wanted to be Lady of Winterfell and is much better cut out to be the house assassin.
ReplyDeleteIt is annoying. He doesn't seem to be at The Wall or with Der Davos and co so where exactly is he? I'm a bit annoyed with the show makers as they know a lot of people don't want to see more incest but they did it so they can show Kit and Emilia naked again. *yawn* Yeah I was a bit puzzled by Tyrion's reaction as well since he was the one who alerted Dany to Jon fancying her! I just loved creepy Arya in the Littlefinger death scenes and Sansa looked much more capable than previously. I'm looking forward to everyone at Winterfell next season! other than the Jon and Dany thing, I'm pretty satisfied with the season, especially Jaime leaving Cersei at last!
DeleteI blogged about GoT today too! I have a whole new appreciation for how you organize your episode recaps. I wrote my GoT wrap up at 10pm last night, and I feel like I just spewed opinions and silliness everywhere.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I really liked this episode. Littlefinger is finally dead! And I’m glad that Sam was listening to Gilly, even though he didn’t give Gilly credit for discovering the annulment info when he was talking to Bran. Rude.
I’m kinda concerned that we didn’t get to see the entire Tyrion/Cersei meeting. We saw part of it, and then it cut to the next scene. What did they talk about? Did Tyrion say something that Dany might not like? Is that why he was creeping awkwardly in the hallway during the sex scene? He wanted to tell Dany about the meeting, but he couldn’t because she was . . . um . . . occupied.
We have to wait so long to find out!
Aj @ Read All The Things!
The recaps take an age to put together so it is pretty time consuming and it put me way behind on blog visits and comment answering! Tyrion lurking in the shadows was a bit weird for me...he told Dany that Jon fancied her so why is he lurking and looking unhappy? Bit strange. It was so good to see Littlefinger's panic as all his deeds come back to haunt him-loved it!
DeleteI wish I could answer even one of your questions but I have nothing :) Great recap. It is going to be an eternal wait until next season.
ReplyDeleteRumour is that it will be Aug/Sep 2019 before it is back on and that will be unbearable!!!
DeleteWhat?! That is intolerable!
DeleteIt is isn't it!
DeleteAhhhhh this episode. I totally had goosebumps all over during the Bran/Sam and Jon/Dany scene..
ReplyDeleteSO curious about next season I can't wait!!
Dany and Jon together just revolts me. We've had enough incest with Cersei's lovers thank you! Ugh! Loved Sam and Bran though.
DeleteI was so tempted to read this. LOL Just finished Episode 3 for Season Seven. Whoa! It's getting crazy.
ReplyDeleteAlmost there! You'll be able to jump into all these posts and comment really soon!
DeleteMan Euron's fleet gets back and forth from KL to Casterly Rock and back pretty fast huh? Cracks me up. I liked the Dragonpit scenes. The dragon was super cool. Modtly a good episode, a little slow and talky but they covered ground they needed to cover. I liked the little fake out w/ the wight, and when it finally came out screeching it was fun to see cersei about jump out of her skin. :)
ReplyDeleteI think Ellaria and her daughter are dying in that dungeon unless someone rescues them, and there's no indication that's happening. And yeah poor Edmure- remember him show writers? Clearly they do not!
Yeah the magic travel thing has amused me a lot this season! I think they did well wrapping things up with LF dying, the Starks reunited, Jon's parantage confirmed, Jaime finding a new path...I'm pretty excited! I just need to see Bronn going north now!
DeleteOooh, I loved this last episode! It was so great and tense and perfect!! I still have to write a review! So many awesome moments! My favourite was Arya & Sansa together after they put an end to Littlefinger (yes!). 'The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.' And so Ned still lives on...
ReplyDeleteI kinda hope that Bronn was on the way to Winterfell before Jaime. If Jaime is gone, there's nothing that keeps him at King's Landing. Also, he's not filming any scenes together with Cersei :D
I suppose Gendry is on the road to Winterfell as well? It annoys me that they forgot about Edmure! Maybe he arrives at Winterfell as well next season.. Maybe the Frey ladies let him go?
LETS ALL GO TO WINTERFELL!
And Ghost.... If we don't get to see him next season, I will be SO mad! The direwolves are so important for the Stark kids.. If they have budget for the dragons, there should be some for Ghost too!! If we really get Season 8 in 2019, I expect a freaking firework and dragons, direwolves & ice spiders every episode! :D
Let's pray for Tormund and Beric!
The end of Littlefinger was GREAT! The look on his face when he realises he is on trial not Arya! Loved that! Loved the big meeting at the dragon pit. So glad that Jaime has finally wised up and left Cersei!
DeleteMaybe Edmure is Lord of the Twins now...he is married to one of the last Freys now...Gendry seems to be in no man's land but I'm looking forward to a reunion with him and Arya. Also Arya and The Hound.Ooh Ice Spiders! That would be nice and horrible at the same time! I'm so excited for the last season but it's ages away!!!