Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 


Police procedurals go supernatural in this gritty urban fantasy debut

Alex Menkaure, former pharaoh and mummy, and his vampire partner, Marcus, who was born in ancient Rome, once hunted evil vampires for UMBRA, a super-secret unit of the NSA. That was before the discovery of a blood substitute and a Supreme Court ruling allowed thousands of vampires to integrate into society. Now, Alex and Marcus are vice cops in a special police unit. They fight to keep the streets safe from criminal vampires, shape-shifters, blood-dealers, and anti-vampire vigilantes.

When someone starts poisoning the artificial blood, race relations between vampires and humans deteriorate to the brink of anarchy. While the city threatens to tear itself apart, Alex and Marcus must form an unnatural alliance with a vigilante gang and a shape-shifter woman in a desperate battle against an ancient vampire conspiracy.


If they succeed, they'll be pariahs, hunted by everyone. If they fail, the result will be a race-war bloodier than any the world has ever seen.
 

*excited scream* Ooh an Egyptian mummy and a Roman vampire cop pairing trying to stop the beasties running the streets! I'm all over this one! WANT! The book release is July 18th but I might have to wait longer for the paperback version *sighs*

18 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds really unique! I'm not sure if it's my kind of read, but I hope you enjoy it :)

    Thanks for visiting my WOW just now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound a bit different doesn't it! I like seeing something new in urban fantasy.

      Delete
  2. Damn! You had me at "former pharaoh and mummy, and his vampire partner." I need to give this a read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great combination doesn't it! I can't resist that idea!

      Delete
  3. I have this one and need to get to it. I need to find a way to work it into the August TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be very interested to see what you think of it. I might have to wait a while to snag a paperback if I like the sample!

      Delete
  4. What the what? It had me at former pharaoh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping there might be some Egyptian mythology in the series with him being a mummy and stuff. It really sounds intriguing!

      Delete
  5. Whaaaat?! I love anything that has to do with ancient Egypt. I may have to add this one to my shelves too! lol I hope you end up loving this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty excited by this one! I might even have to skip the sample and just splurge y'know?! Ancient Egypt fascinates me with all the Gods and the mummies. I guess that's why I loved Stargate so much...

      Delete
  6. Ooooh, this does sound interesting. I can't wait to read your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited for this one as it sounds a bit different from the usual partners!

      Delete
  7. OOh glad to see you're planning on reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't resist mummies and vampires!

      Delete
  8. I am sooo busting oto get my hands on this one! Doesn't it sound brilliant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really good and I so can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  9. This one sounds so good! I may have to break down and get myself a copy. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think quite a few people are excited about this one!

      Delete