Sunday, 20 August 2017

Film Review: Avalanche Sharks


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched so far and 3 books! Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

aka Snow Sharks

Starring: Richard Gleason, Eric Scott Woods, Kate Nauta
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2622826/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 

It's Spring Break and a ski resort is doing good business until pguests start going missing. Only the Sheriff seems to take it seriously with the resort owners more worried about bad publicity. The guests are being killed by strange snow sharks that had killed on the mountains many years previous and have now returned.

Oh dear, where do I start. We have the steriotype bimbo girls in bikinis and oversexed males lusting after them on Spring Break in the mountains. The acting is dreadful, the conversations between characters are dull and dumb and the resort staff are all lazy obnoxious idiots who should never be working with the public. For example the Ski Patrol guy who sits and sleeps on a sun lounger instead of searching for the missing people. There are about two characters in the whole cast that I didn't actually hate!

The special effects of the shark attacks aren't bad really but all the drivel and poor script writing bores you between the attacks. Mike's death is a prime example. He's mourning his dead girlfriend and as the sharks come he decides they are somehow connected to him not saying he loved her and he starts shouting how he loves her, his parents, his job etc, screaming like a religious fanatic as if love is going to save him. The sharks eat him. It is so stupid!

Dumb film that even a few decent shark attacks can't save. Oh and for those who love dogs, be advised that dogs die in this one. 

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like it would be tougher to see the dogs go than the idiot humans lol. Still I gotta love the idea of snow sharks... too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Greg about the dogs. LOL You're right. This one was just plain bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do the poor huskies always get eaten??? It's not fair! And it was bad wasn't it!

      Delete
  3. LOL I just read your comment about the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate animals getting eaten...and they were better actors than the furless cast!

      Delete