My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend I've watched another six and plan to keep watching them every weekend until I complete my list. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.
Starring: Candice Lidstone, Jessica Huether,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3959690/?ref_=nv_sr_3
Despite the deaths caused by drilling into a lake and releasing a shark previously, the company keeps drilling and now another shark is on a killing spree in the area. The sister of a previous victim sets out to stop it.
Oh this was a wowser and not in a good way. It is brought to you by the makers of Jurassic Shark which should be enough for you to switch it off straight away but I wanted to see just how bad it was. Firstly, the film cover and title are misleading. There are no planes, helicopters, jet skis or scary shark and there are no raiders or connection to anything remotely Indiana Jones. The special effects seem to be created on an early 80's computer. The acting again is terrible especially the dreadful cops and the script/plot was appalling. Security are told not to go near the water so the men get drunk, smuggle a couple of idiot females into the base and go swimming and die. The only amusing bit is the tourist celebrating the shark eating his bitch from hell girlfriend.
If all that wasn't bad enough, the last part of the film goes into pathetic mode when the shark decides to just fly around the place and divebomb people. No I don't mean jump out the water, I mean fly, thanks to a 'special formula'. *sigh* So the shark is seen in the sky, not flapping it's fins, just rigid on the screen superimposed on the sky, before making bear noises and dropping onto someone. A truly diabolical film that looks like a follow up to Jurassic Shark in plot. Avoid!


A flying shark....sounds like a total disaster!
ReplyDeleteIt was really bad!
DeleteOoh more shark madness! Sorry it sucked but I like that image with the shark chasing the plane and the jet skiiers. Why can'y movies like this be better dang it??? "special formula" lol
ReplyDeleteYeah disregard the cover-there are no jet skiers!
Deletemaking bear noises. LOL This sounds beyond pathetic. And I was excited because you found one I hadn't seen. Alas, I know remember this, this.....thing.
ReplyDeleteGreat wasn't it!!! It probably came out under a different name just to confuse matters. Piranha Sharks was also released as Jurassic Pirhana just to confuse everyone.
DeleteYep. Jurassic sounds familiar. Had that happen with books too. They rerelease it with a new cover, blurb and title. Makes me angry. Even some big names do it. I get all excited. Open the book. And I've already read it.
DeleteIt drives you nuts when they do that! My dad also loses his rag with these martial arts films that all have dragon, warrior, shaolin, etc!
Delete