Sunday, 27 August 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #40


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all.

This week I have an example of how a poor cover can really make you lose interest in a book whereas a gorgeous cover makes you want to grab it. Here are the uninspiring two books in the series with the vacant model covers. The first girl looks like she's having constipation issues.

 




















Now look at the alternate cover for book 2! Gorgeous!!!


10 comments:

  1. I do love when they fix a cover like this! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's such an interesting and colorful cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? I might've bought it purely on the cover if I saw it in a bookshop, just so I could gaze at it...!

      Delete
  3. The first one is too blurry too. Why would they do that? I would definitely go with the alternate cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ain't kidding! LOL What an amazing cover. No way would I be able to walk past it on a shelf. I've read some of her books. A few I liked. Not tried this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked for it in paperback when I first spotted it but never found it sadly or I might've bought it! It is just gorgeous.

      Delete
  5. No doubt! There is little chance I would pick up the first two, but the cover on the second one screams "read me!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! The other two look like dumb bimbo MC angst adventures!

      Delete