Friday, 21 July 2017

Feed My TBR #5 Sea Monsters!


Welcome to Feed My TBR, my new feature. Each week I'll select a specific subject or theme and recommend books that I've read or share books I've heard of or have on my tbr and wishlist. I invite all of you to also share your recommendations on the subject chosen...and if you could, please say what kind of book it is ie PNR, horror etc. In the comments section you can also ask for specific types of books on the subject and see if someone can help. Hopefully we can share lots of book ideas and flood each other's tbrs with new book grabs! NO EROTICA please! I don't have that at all on my blog!

This week we look at other monsters in the water! These are the books I've either read or are on my tbr. 

 
 
 
There are a LOT of books out there about giant squids, killer fish and other nasties but which are the good ones? What do you recommend and which water monsters are on your tbr and wishlist? Please share!

11 comments:

  1. Sea monsters are not my thing, but the cover for Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monstes made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try reading a few sea monster books. I love any book that has an octopus on the cover, so this would be right up my alley. I discovered a new (to me at least) Shea book I have to read last night - We Are Always Watching - and I already own Montauk Monster. You might want to check out The Black Trilogy by Paul E. Cooley. They are on my wishlish. Or even From the Deep by Michael Bray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up Black online and it sounds pretty interesting. I'm going to check that out, thanks! From the Deep also sounds like it would be worth checking out.

      Delete
  3. I think you got me in this one Chuckles! I cannot think of one single book, other than Jaws, that is about a monster in the water!!! That Sense and Sensibility and Sea monsters got me all curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to investigate sea monsters!

      Delete
  4. I have Steve Alten's The Loch on my list! I also have his book Vostok which is apparently a companion novel to The Loch and relates to several of his books set in this same world. It's got a big croc on the cover, so of course that piques my interest!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for big crocs! I love some of these dumb SF channel films with big mutant crocs as well! I like the look of the book but I didn't love Meg as it took way too long to get into. I hope his other books are a bit faster and don't have scheming women subplots!

      Delete
  5. I love sea monsters. The more the merrier! They Rise looks awesome, and every time I see Loch Ness Revenge I want to drop everything and read it. I LOVED Nessie as a kid! And Jurassic Sea- I just love that title.

    Have you read World of Water by James Lovegrove? It's more sci fi on a water world than a monster book per se but I thought it was really good. And there is a little monster action especially towards the end when they almost get their ass handed to them lol. Anyway great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really the monsters that I'm interested in rather than a sci-fi world. I'm not a reader of sci-fi like that, sorry! I plan to get a few Hunter Shea read next month, maybe some GoT and fit in a few zombies...

      Delete
  6. I've read and/or own all but 2 of these. What the heck is clickers. Going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete