Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 


The biggest solar flare since the 1859 Carrington Event is about to bring the world to its knees.

When a huge plasma ejection from the sun hits the Earth’s atmosphere, the resulting EMP pulse fries electricity grids and disables fragile electronics. Transmission wires melt, transformers explode and modern vehicles cease working. In less than a minute, the world is taken back two centuries.

Sergeant Rick Nolan is in Syria on a covert ops mission against ISIS. When the solar storm wipes out his communications and his air cover, he and his team find themselves on the same level as the enemy that surrounds them. Caught in a desperate fight for survival, Rick thinks about his wife and children and wonders how he’ll ever get home to them.

Lauren Nolan is attending a seminar in New York when the blackout hits and the transportation system grinds to a halt. Trapped in the panic that envelops the metropolis, Ellen worries for her two children, five hundred miles away in North Carolina. Unable to get word to them and stuck on her own, she needs to find a way back before it’s too late.

Twelve year old Josh Nolan is in Charlotte, North Carolina, with his grandparents. Witnessing society’s terrifying collapse as water pumps fail, food runs short and the law ceases to exist, he has to do what he can to protect his little sister.

Seven year old Lizzy Nolan can’t understand what’s happening. Frightened and bewildered, she only wants to know one thing:
When are Mom and Dad coming home?


I can never resist a good apocalypse book and EMPs are particularly enjoyable! I love the collapse of society and the scary aftermath where everything has changed. This was released on July 22nd and I hope to try it soon!

24 comments:

  1. Ooooh this looks terrifying!! I'm not mad on apocalyptic books, but I do like the cover for this one. Hope you get to read it soon and love it!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like an EMP disaster to keep Chuckles happy! I definitely plan to grab it soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be weird right now, because whenever I see an apocalyptic book like this, I always think of it visually because honestly, that's the only way I know how to get into an apocalyptic/disaster read, and this one would be smashing visually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it would be great visually! I'd love to see a lot of these books made into films!

      Delete
  3. I love apocalyptic stories, too! I'll have to add this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds pretty intense. I hope you get your hands on it soon.

    Jenea @ Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a book that gets the tension flooding through me when I read!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a book for you. I love the age span and differences of the characters. I bet it will make it all the more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a book for Chuckles! I'm always all over plots like this!

      Delete
  6. You find the most interesting books! I hope it's a great read for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bark! I hope it lives up to my personal hype!

      Delete
  7. Ooh an EMP, those are so scary. The internet wouldn't work ha ha. Seriously though, yeah. This sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah no more Game of Thrones posts if an EMP hits! *whimpers*

      Delete
  8. I love EMP apocalyptic stories! Great pick!
    Check out my CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist EMP plots! I have a pile of them on my tbr!

      Delete
  9. This one sounds like a good read and scary with how possible it is. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EMPs are one of the most exciting and scary apocalypse plots. I just love them!

      Delete
  10. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out to be a good one...

      Delete
  11. Sign me up! I love a good EMP survival story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many with this plot...

      Delete
  12. This is a new one to me, but you said the magic words "apocalypse" and "EMP" so on to the TBR this goes!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats a good apocalypse and an EMP is usually a great plot to enjoy.

      Delete