Sunday, 2 July 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #32


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all.

This week I'm looking at an example of where the cover design changed halfway through which I find eternally frustrating! It's zombies this week and I liked the prequel cover and the first two books. Then it went to a horror based cover that just wasn't as nice to look at.


This has a slight menacing look and you know that going in the hospital is just a bad idea. You can generally grab this prequel free to meet Gus! Love these snowy winter scenes which match the plot of the book. But then we got two rather uninspiring follow ups..






















14 comments:

  1. I love great covers! I created a page on my Blog to "collect" beautiful covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to look at pretty or interesting covers!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Safari looks AWESOME! Yikes. And Well Fed? That's just creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two books have such great covers. I'm curious about what happens in the rest of the series as this is one of many I want to catch up with.

      Delete
  3. Those last two don't fit at all. I love the snowy ones best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a branded look for a series, but I always appreciate a great cover.

    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good cover to admire just adds to the whole reading experience for me...

      Delete
  5. I liked the prequel and the first book. I really want to get back to this series sometime soon. The last two books don't really look like they belong to the same series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to get series completed when all these new books keep coming out!

      Delete
  6. Oh, yeah, definitely. I like the snowy ones a lot, especially Safari, but those last two are... not very good. Or at least, like you said, not sitting to the genre since they look very horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like consistency in my covers, like you do as well. When you have those nice snow ones why switch to something else. It's annoying!

      Delete
  7. I have read and am reading several series with a cover brand. I like it when the author does that. All of the covers appeal to me for these books but I see what you mean about the last two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they all looked like the first two or all looked like the last two I'd be ok with it but I hate mix and match!

      Delete