Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

This Week...Kris Austen Radcliffe!


Elves, werewolves, witches, vampires, and the patchwork son of Victor Frankenstein…

A little Penny Dreadful.
A tad bit Fargo.
All Northern Creatures.

Welcome to Alfheim, Minnesota.

I walked out of the Arctic and into Alfheim’s magic two centuries ago. The elves had no idea what to do with the giant, re-animated corpse in their midst other than to offer me what they had long offered all unloved and unwanted magicals — a home. Without elven magic, the Alfheim Werewolf Pack would descend into madness. Without the stability of the elves, the local vampires and witches would fall prey to their own evil natures. And without the elves, I would still be the rage-filled monster stitched together by my father’s genius and unholy hubris.

Now, I have a good life. I have family. Friends. A community that supports and protects me. But some ghosts from rage-filled pasts are more horrific than others. Some want to rip apart more than just my soul.

Some want my flesh. And now I must face a vampiric demon so powerful not even elven magic can stop it….

Join Frank Victorsson and the magical people of Alfheim, Minnesota, in Monster Born
, the first novel in the new Northern Creatures
series from Kris Austen Radcliffe.  

OK isn't that a gorgeous cover? I love it! This book has vampires, werewolves, witches AND the son of Frankenstein????!!! Yes I'm all over that! I'm wary about the blurb though as I hated Penny Dreadful and Fargo...

Released August 2017.  

24 comments:

  1. This isn't my kind of read, but I hope you love it! The son of Frankenstein does sound cool, though :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for this one! I'm always looking for new urban fantasy series to try and this sounds promising!

      Delete
  2. The description of this book sounds really great. Hopefully it lives up to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the first few episodes of Penny Dreadful and think I could have liked it (and may try it again) but Mr. Barb HATED it. This book sounds awesome - onto the wishlist it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Mr Barb on that one! Yeah the wishlist is certainly getting a workout this month! I'll grab a sample of this when it comes out.

      Delete
  4. wow that's everything but the kitchen sink urban fantasy huh? I hated Penny Dreadful too! So... I'll wait to see how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet when the paperback is coming out but I guess I better sample it first!

      Delete
  5. I love Penny Dreadful and the dark classics so this definitely sounds intriguing! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds good...I hope it lives up to my hype!

      Delete
  6. Oh Yeah! I've gotta have this! Penny Dreadful and Fargo. Gots to be wicked fun. Excellent cover art too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all books had cover art like that my resistance would be futile! I love the colours!

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a really great mix. Looking forward to your thoughts on it when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When this one comes out I think it will be high on my list of priorities!

      Delete
  8. Ah, Monster Born, you had me at "A little Penny Dreadful"! Plus a little bit of Fargo doesn't hurt. Sounds like the perfect atmosphere!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much looking forward to this!

      Delete
  9. OOO very interesting. I hope you get to enjoy it!

    https://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/07/cant-wait-wednesday-tower-of-dawn.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds EPIC! I hope it's a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have often wondered about Penny Dreadful :( I'm loving your suggestions...both on TTT and here...you've got me excited about paranormal fiction again :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ton of those kinds of books on my bookshelves at home and on my ereader!

      Delete