Friday, 14 July 2017

Feed My TBR #4 Sharks


Welcome to Feed My TBR, my new feature. Each week I'll select a specific subject or theme and recommend books that I've read or share books I've heard of or have on my tbr and wishlist. I invite all of you to also share your recommendations on the subject chosen...and if you could, please say what kind of book it is ie PNR, horror etc. In the comments section you can also ask for specific types of books on the subject and see if someone can help. Hopefully we can share lots of book ideas and flood each other's tbrs with new book grabs! NO EROTICA please! I don't have that at all on my blog!

Ever since I first saw Jaws I have been obsessed with sharks and there are a lot of good shark books to enjoy! Here are some that I have read and plan to read:




Anyone got any good shark recommendations? I just don't have enough shark books!

8 comments:

  1. Definitely going to check out Meg soon. Did you know they were making a Meg movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the first half of Meg so slow with a sub plot on his wife that bored me but the second half is really good. Hope there is plenty action in the film! My dad and I want to see it as I love sharks and my dad is a Jason Statham fan!

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with and terrified of sharks!! I will not go in the ocean!! I am going to check out some of these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharks but I get nervous of seeing them out in boats! I NEVER swim in the sea, ever! I caused panic on a boat trip once. I saw a fin in the water, jumped to conclusions and shouted 'you're gonna need a bigger boat!' A few people screamed before the irate tour guide said it was a porpoise!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely taking notes! I've read Jaws, the latest Meg, and Shark Island, and I'll probably check out the rest. The other day someone also told me about Bait by J. Kent Messum which is another shark book with an interesting premise. I've never read it, but it does sound pretty wild.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so keen to read Shark Island! I might need to read that when I'm done with this month's book list... I just checked out Bait and that's a new concept for a shark book. Interesting! Might try a sample if I can get one.

      Delete
  4. Sharcano cracks me up- love that cover! Shark Island too. And Jaws- that cover is stil so iconic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were at an outdoor centre back in 1988 with my school and on the last day I jumped out the book for a laugh. I was bobbing in the water in my life jacket and paddling for shore when I started hearing the Jaws music in my head and got into a panic! I was swimming like Michael Phelps in his prime! Stupid Chuckles!

      Delete