Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

This Week:Brothers by William R Hunt & Stephen M Truax


As a former Delta Force operator, Victor believes he has planned for every contingency. He and his brother, Dante, a recovering addict, escape the madness of the city and take refuge in a remote New England cabin.

They have food. They have water. They have guns. Everything appears to be going according to plan. Until Dante goes missing. The only clues left behind are blood stains on the floor and horse tracks in the dirt.

Caught in a race against time, Victor must rediscover his long-buried skills to navigate an unpredictable and ravaged landscape. Along the way, he must confront enemies old and new—including himself. Loyalty will be tested. Blood will be shed. Sacrifices will be made. How far will Victor go to protect the only family he has left? 


The cover was the first thing that caught my eye and I can never resist a good apocalypse book with death, danger and disaster! It was published on July 18th so I'll try and grab it soon, maybe a sample first! 

22 comments:

  1. This sounds like it's really actionpacked and suspenseful, which is awesome. I also like that the story is about two brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist a good apocalypse!

      Delete
  2. This has the potential to be one you really like. Hope it turns out well for you. I love the colors in the sky on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very striking cover isn't it! I'm very much looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  3. I can see why the cover caught you eye -- I like the family focus here, it makes it all just that more intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...that family focus can make it a more tense apocalypse read.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read a good apocalypse story in a while! I hope you enjoy this one! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a while before I get to this one but it certainly sounds good.

      Delete
  5. This sounds so action packed and thrilling! I love the cover, too - must keep an eye out for the book. Thanks for sharing it, I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for new books in this genre to enjoy!

      Delete
  6. Great pick!! Yes, I love apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic stories as well. Someone as well trained as Victor should make a good survivor! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read about military men in the apocalypse. You know there is going to be good stuff in it!

      Delete
  7. This sounds like an action packed adventure! I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: https://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/07/waiting-on-wednesday-dream-fall-by-amy.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks good. I haven't been reading much apocalyptic lately, and not even sure why. I love the genre. It's nice too when people who know how to survive get tested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read many apocalypse books recently so I'm hoping to get some read soon!

      Delete
  9. Oooh! Awesome looking cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the cover that first caught my eye so I hope the book is as good as it looks!

      Delete
  10. This sounds like an exciting pick! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks good! I also find it hard to resist apocalyptic stories and books about danger and disaster.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like apocalypse didasters as a nice comfort read!

      Delete