Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Terrorist Scum Hit Manchester


Just before I was going to bed last night news came through of police responding to an explosion at the Manchester arena. All thoughts of sleep vanished as my dad and I watched events unfolding and I barely slept all night. The full story was evident this morning. An evil coward decided to set off a suicide bomb right in the foer of the Manchester Arena as people were leaving an Ariana Grande concert. The death toll at the moment stands at 22 dead, 59 injured including children.

I've spent many years on holidays in the North West of England...in Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria, Merseyside and more. The people of the north west are so friendly and helpful and it breaks my heart that evil has visited them. I've never actually been into Manchester personally but it is a great city with a proud history, a great music and sporting scene. Now our country is grieving for children and families and couples who just went to a concert and never came home. Photos released today show the carnage inside that foyer and it makes me sick to the stomach.

They are scum, pure and simple, whoever they are. The kind of people who do this don't care about the innocent or who dies. Pathetic little cowards who target kids, who do this for their own warped and twisted ideals. It makes me really angry about what happened, and sad for the state our world is in. I hope there is a true Hell and that the bomber is burning in it right now.

I'm also proud of the emergency services who march into danger to save people and the ordinary people who opened their homes to stranded strangers and offered to drive from many miles away to ferry people home. They went out of their way to give the hand of friendship to those in need and that for me is what Britain is all about. We are a strong people and we will not buckle or bend to these bastards. Never. 

My thoughts are with everyone caught up in this tragedy.

12 comments:

  1. I was watching some of the coverage this morning as well. I think it's horrible how some minds work and my sympathy goes out to Manchester and the families effected by this senseless behavior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't fathom what makes someone want to do these things. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I heard about this yesterday. So horrible. Whenever I had first heard about it, they didn't know what caused the explosion yet. What is wrong with people?! So sick. My heart is heavy for the families that lost loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder what is wrong with these people...vbut you just can't get into their heads, nor would you want to. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. I saw this news breaking yesterday afternoon. There are some disgusting people in the world. How messed up do you have to be to hurt children who are having fun at a concert? I just don’t understand.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any of us understand but that's because we are decent people. I used to take things like going to concerts for granted but it's not safe to leave the house these days. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. This makes me so sad. I don't know what is going on in this world. I am just heartbroken that this could happen. My thoughts are with everyone touched by this horrible act of terror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Carole. It hits home when you feel your country and your values are under attack. Seeing the photos of the dead and missing on TV are really upsetting.

      Delete
  5. I caught this as I was heading to bed last night. I tossed and turned. A deliberate attack towards young ones. No words to describe my feelings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to switch off your brain to sleep when you see things like this on TV, whatever country it happens in. I've slept badly for two nights despite not being there. I can't imagine what the survivors or the families of the desd and missing are going through. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Manchester, it's just unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. The support from all around the world has been truly touching.

      Delete