Sunday, 7 May 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #24


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

OK this week I'm looking at the covers for the Game of Thrones books. So many different covers out there but I was lucky to arrive on this series just last year which allowed me to choose which covers to collect.

I actually bought this one just after the series started on TV though I hadn't watched it and wasn't sure I would ever read the book. Yeah a bit mad I know! But hey, Sean Bean brooding on the cover!


I kind of forgot about the book and didn't watch Game of Thrones until October last year when I binge watched all six seasons. I'd bought the dvds figuring my dad would like it even if I didn't but I LOVED it and wanted to buy the books with the same style of covers. These are the covers I picked.






























































These are some of the other styles I've found but I just like the scenic covers where you can just imagine the characters wandering into shot! Y'know, Arya practising with Needle on the rocks, the Night's Watch marching through the snow with Ghost, the dothraki on the sands...


14 comments:

  1. Wow those are really awesome covers! Thanks for sharing :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice covers. The scenic ones have a different feel to them. Not as dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't warn you of the horrors within!

      Delete
  3. I agree that the scenic covers are the best. I've not seen them here in the states though (Although I haven't looked too hard). Considering I haven't read the books, it's sad I have three versions of the first one. I'm hoping they release all of them in the collector's edition I bought of the first one around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved those scenic covers when I saw them on Amazon. I just hope they release the last books with that style of covers or I won't be pleased. If the books ever come that is...

      Delete
  4. Oh you are killing me with these Game of Thrones posts (but thank you- more please) lol. I like those covers you picked out- especially that first one (I tend to like arctic- style landscapes for some reason). I must be House Stark! Same with Dance with Dragons: After Feast. But... I do like those last two as well- the other DwD one and the Feast for crows with the goblet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots more GoT to come! A couple more posts and a season one episode review and I'll be on to the season two storylines for everyone! Of course I'll have to review each episode of the new season as it comes on...heh! There is just something about isolated desolate snow scenes isn't there? Totally unspoiled and few signs of man being there.

      Delete
  5. All of these are great covers. That first Game Of Thrones is hands down spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite having the Ned cover I just had to get book one in the scenic covers too! It really is beautiful with the brooding skies and winter snows...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm always happy to have Sean Bean on the cover of anything!

      Delete
  7. Yes, there are a lot of covers for this series, especially after it became such a huge hbo hit. I really like those covers, I don't think I've seen these version before. I think you made a great choice!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to read them carefully to avoid any creasing to spine or covers!

      Delete