Sunday, 28 May 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week!

1) New Photos from Game of Thrones Season Seven!
Do you want to see some photos taken from the filming of season seven! Oh yes you want to! One of the photos really excited me for what is coming and I don't just mean winter!

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/05/22/check-new-photos-game-thrones-season-7/ 

2) Scene by Scene Breakdown of the new Game of Thrones trailer! 
More excitement! The trailer flashes by really quickly but this gives several pages with freeze frame shots from the trailer, explaining what you see. Very useful and I'm itching to see the new series now!

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/05/24/screencap-breakdown-official-trailer-game-thrones-season-7/ 

3) Why rating middle grade is do darn hard! 
An excellent post by Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction on how difficult it can be for an adult to review middle grade books as she is not the target audience. I really enjoyed this topic and could relate to the issues.

https://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/2017/05/rating-middle-grade-sometimes-ya-darn-hard-lets-discuss.html 

4) Book Review: The House of Binding Thorns
Mogsy at The BiblioSanctum writes about her thoughts on this book and how the second book in the series did not improve upon the first. Well written review that explains her thoughts and feelings.

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/05/25/book-review-the-house-of-binding-thorns-by-aliette-de-bodard/ 

5) Top Ten Tuesday-A Different Kind of Summer Read!
Check out the alternative to fluffy summer beach reads and put some horror into your life with Barb over at Booker T's farm!

http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/ttt-different-kind-of-summer-read.html 

6) Book Review: Sex With The Queen 
AJ at Read All The Things shares her thoughts on the non fiction history book that is a fun trashy tabloid read...

http://ajsterkel.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/review-sex-with-queen-900-years-of-vile.html

7) 20 Medicinal Herbs for your garden
Ready Nutrition have given this handy list of the best herbs to grow in the garden for treating some common issues. 

http://readynutrition.com/resources/20-medicinal-herbs-that-i-have-in-my-prepper-garden_27052017/ 

Haven't had much time to really browse blogs this week. I need to hunt down some new blogs to follow...I'm looking for others who read apocalypse, horror, urban fantasy, zombies, maybe some bloggers who enjoy politics and Game of Thrones too! Recs would be welcome!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving my post a shout out. I’ll check out some of the other links.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great review AJ, so very happy to share it for the masses!

      Delete
  2. These are some great finds! I really enjoyed Barb's top ten list and A.J.'s review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time has been short so I've relied on friends blogs for this so far. I do hope to find more time to go roaming through lots more blogs to get some interesting stuff.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out! I do wish I'd enjoyed the book more, but oh well, you win some you lose some :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You write excellent reviews Mogsy...you'll be featured next week as well!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this reminded me that I do want to check out Sex With the Queen, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to read a bit more of this kind of non fiction, broaden my reading horizons just slightly!

      Delete
  5. Nice round up! I've avoided GoT set pics for the most part, but the temptation to spoil myself is ever present...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to stay away from all the spoilers and stuff! Some seriously amazing looking things to come. I just can't wait!

      Delete