Thursday, 15 November 2018

Books From The Backlog-Black Sun's Daughter


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


Jayné Heller thinks of herself as a realist, until she discovers reality isn't quite what she thought it was. When her uncle Eric is murdered, Jayné travels to Denver to settle his estate, only to learn that it's all hers -- and vaster than she ever imagined. And along with properties across the world and an inexhaustible fortune, Eric left her a legacy of a different kind: his unfinished business with a cabal of wizards known as the Invisible College.
Led by the ruthless Randolph Coin, the Invisible College harnesses demon spirits for their own ends of power and domination. Jayné finds it difficult to believe magic and demons can even exist, let alone be responsible for the death of her uncle. But Coin sees Eric's heir as a threat to be eliminated by any means -- magical or mundane -- so Jayné had better start believing in something to save her own life. 

Aided in her mission by a group of unlikely companions -- Aubrey, Eric's devastatingly attractive assistant; Ex, a former Jesuit with a lethal agenda; Midian, a two-hundred-year-old man who claims to be under a curse from Randolph Coin himself; and Chogyi Jake, a self-styled Buddhist with mystical abilities -- Jayné finds that her new reality is not only unexpected, but often unexplainable. And if she hopes to survive, she'll have to learn the new rules fast -- or break them completely....

I read and greatly enjoyed the first book in the series back in 2010 I think but never continued with the series, which is now complete. I plan on reading the whole series next year so this will be reread at that time.  

18 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like this! Jayne and her team sound pretty formiddable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the different members of the team and how they all worked as a unit. I hope the rest of the books are as good!

      Delete
  2. I have been trying to partake in features that are nudging me to read my unread books. This one sounds really promising for you, since you enjoyed the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly gets me scanning what books I still have to read and reminding me what I want as priority!

      Delete
  3. I have this one and the next two books. I need to read them, too. I like your plan of a series read in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to catch up on quite a few series next year as I've still not finished a pile that I started in 2010 and 2011! I might start with the series of 6 or less books and clear them first.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to join in this too probably after the first of the year when I start tackling my TBR again.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year needs to be year of the TBR! I'm already planning how I'm going to tackle that! I'm full of plans for challenges and things for next year!

      Delete
  5. I think I have this on a shelf somewhere. Then again, I have lots of unread books on shelves :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Next year I have general plans for getting stuff read in each genre and series catchups!

      Delete
  6. This does sounds like a great series. At least now all the books are available. I hope you enjoy the other books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fabulous, Chuckles! I am adding it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! I have a few other series I'll be featuring over the coming weeks in urban fantasy!

      Delete
  8. I hope the series keeps on giving. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound good! Great cover art too. I like it when I return to a series I started years ago and all of the books have been released. No waiting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Series catchups for urban fantasy are certainly on my list for next year! I might do it as a year long challenge and update when I finish each series. Lots to work on for 2019!

      Delete