Friday, 30 November 2018

SCIFI MONTH-Final Update


For the first time ever, Chuckles Book Cave is going to be joining in with Scifi month hosted by https://onemore.org/ and https://deargeekplace.com/ , which runs the whole month of November. There will be blog posts, Twitter posts and even a giveaway and I'm pretty excited at taking part this year and reading some SF books and watching SF films hopefully.

Here are most of the unread SF books I have on my shelf and I hope to get to as many as I can. No specific target in mind, just reading fun! A few are rereads so I can refresh my memory as to what happened but most are new to me.

1) Martha Wells-Exit Strategy (read)
2) Amie Kaufman-Illuminae
3) Anne McCaffrey-Dinosaur Planet (read)
4) Anne McCaffrey-The Survivors (read)
5) Christopher Brookmeyer-Bedlam (DNF)
6) Ernest Cline-Armada
7) Jeff VanderMeer-Annihilation 
8) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock (reread)
9) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Threat (read)
10) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Lost (read)
11) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing
12) Joelle Charbonneau-Independent Study
13) Joelle Charbonneau-Graduation Day
14) Becky Chambers-The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
15) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
16) Jules Verne-Journey to the Center of the Earth
17) Andy Weir-The Martian
18) PK Hawkins-Recon Marines
19) Richard Herley-The Penal Colony
20) Kenneth C Johnson-V 
21) Mur Lafferty-Six Wakes
22) Marie Lu-Warcross 

I'm really disappointed by my total. I think it was a mixture of being busy and tired this month that led to a lack of reading overall. I really wanted to get some of these books done. I still might get to one or two in December. 

6 comments:

  1. Another sci-fi month has come and gone. Even though you are disappointed with your totals, I think you did good! It was awesome to have you join up this month!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly have plenty left to take part next year! My reading just went to pot these last few months and it was really annoying!

      Delete
  2. I'm still thinking of reading Dinosaur Planet and the sequel, although I think you mentioned they were just okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was slow but a decent enough read. I had high expectations for the second based on how the first one ended but I found the sequel really dull. You might do better with it though!

      Delete
  3. This seems to have been quite the weird month for a lot of bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've barely read 15 books in the last few months and it's depressing! I've read one so far this month and hope to be reading tonight though!

      Delete